What fuels you? Let First Bus inject some oomph into your career this year and join us as a Bus Cleaner/Shunter in Port Talbot!
Our energetic team at First Bus looks after over 5000 vehicles nationwide, including the latest innovations in public transport, hydrogen, electric and hybrid bus's - want to get your hands on one?
As a Cleaner/Fueller/Shunter you will be the re-fuelling, parking buses and completing exterior bus wash cycles for the fleet plus cleaning of workshops and some general house keeping.
You must have a driving licence to be considered for this position
The salary for this position is £10.02 per hour (Monday - Friday) with an increased rate of £11.59 for weekends (20,376 per year)
We want passionate, forward thinking people, who take pride in their work!
What will you be doing?
- To ensure the fleet is fuelled to meet service requirements.
- To ensure that the fleet is processed through the bus wash as per the standards set.
- To ensure the fleet is serviced at the specified intervals for relevant lube and filters..
- To ensure workshops and offices are kept clean and accident free
- To help with General housekeeping duties
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and superiors.
- Maintain and develop technical skills as required.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have;
- At least 6 months of cleaning experience
- Experience in the use of fuelling and greasing equipment
- Knowledge of the working of the bus wash
- Must have a driving licence
- A PCV licence is desirable
What can we offer you?
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected or having the right kit for the job!
We have an amazing talented and diverse workforce from mountain bikers, runners, gamers, movie buffs and every other variety of people. We are one big family, and you won't find a greater team of people like it!
What do we do?
First Bus is one of the UK's largest bus operators – and the partner of choice for innovative and sustainable transport. Leading the transition to a low-carbon future, we have committed to operating a zero-emission bus fleet by 2035 and to not purchase any new diesel buses after December 2022!
Engineering is an integral part of our business focusing on efficiency, excellence, safety and reliability.
Working for First Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. You'll work alongside our great team of technicians, mechanics, electricians and cleaners who all pull together to do a brilliant job! No two days are ever the same!
Interested? Apply Today!
Valuing our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQ+, ethnicity, religion and disability, means that our colleagues have a voice and are supported to be their authentic selves at work
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:39
- Location:UK Bus - Port Talbot
- Salary:£10.02 per hour