Bus Service Personnel/Fueller/Shunter
£10.02 per hour (Monday - Friday) with an increased rate of £11.59 for weekends (20,376 per year)
Join us as a Service Personnel/ Fueller/Shunter, and we'll take your engineering skills to the next level.
For helping keep our fleet on the road, you'll earn a good salary and great benefits (see below). [insert overtime details if attractive].
We'd love to hear from if you have a driving licence - PCV preferred or must be willing and able to take training to achieve PCV licence.
Welcome to First Bus Engineering
Hello. We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and our engineering teams are working at the forefront of bus technology. Nationwide, we are investing in state-of-the-art new buses, and in the workshops and people that service them. A First Bus depot is the perfect environment to continue growing your engineering knowhow. We will support your ongoing development and provide a career path to follow.
About the role
As a Service Personnel/ Fueller/Shunter you will be the re-fuelling, parking buses and completing exterior bus wash cycles for the fleet plus cleaning of workshops and some general house keeping.
We'll provide your overalls and all the tools and equipment needed.
- To ensure the fleet is fuelled to meet service requirements.
- To ensure that the fleet is processed through the bus wash as per the standards set.
- To ensure the fleet is serviced at the specified intervals for relevant lube and filters..
- To ensure workshops and offices are kept clean and accident free
- To help with General housekeeping duties
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and superiors.
- Maintain and develop technical skills as required.
- At least 6 months of cleaning experience
- Experience in the use of fuelling and greasing equipment
- Knowledge of the working of the bus wash
- Must have a driving licence
- A PCV licence is desirable
Rewards & Benefits
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: insert, insert, insert, insert
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Free onsite parking + cycle to work scheme
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:39
- Location:UK Bus - Port Talbot