We are looking for Qualified Bus Drivers to join our team in Hilsea on a permanent contract!
Going out on the open road as a bus driver, you'll work on your own initiative and take ownership of your bus on its travels, looking after passenger safety and providing a great customer experience. You'll drive different routes, issue tickets and drop people off at their destinations.
- If you join us as a qualified PCV driver with full CPC and excellent knowledge of the Hilsea network we will give you a £3000 bonus!! - £1000 after 6 weeks driving ‘in service', £1000 after 26 weeks and £1000 after 1 year
- In addition, if you currently owe training costs to your existing employer we will cover these costs for you (should you leave within 2 years we will only recover half the costs)
- You will be earning 11.75 per hour (rising to £12.00 per hour in September 2022)
- Your working hours will be 39-48 hours per week (flexible) – earning between £23,829 to £29,328 (£24,336 to £29,952 in September 2022)
- This is a permanent contract.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is a good communicator and gets on well with people. You must be patient, a safe driver, reliable and calm under pressure. Happy to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings and weekends, you must hold a full PCV licence (with no more than 6 points on your driving licence).
Please only apply for this post if you have/agree to the following:
- A valid PCV driving licence
- Already have a valid CPC card (with a minimum of 35 hours) or
- Are prepared to pay for and acquire a valid CPC card on their own before being offered a position.
Training & Qualifications:
Full paid training will be provided which includes;
- Vehicle and route familiarisation
- Ticket machine and ticket type training
What can we offer you?
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
We will also provide you with a uniform so no need to worry about having the right kit for the job!
What do we do?
First Bus is one of the UK's largest bus operators. Making journeys easier for our customers, we were the first national bus operator to accept contactless card payments across all of our services and our First Bus App is voted ‘best in class' amongst UK bus operators.
Our most recent investments are in new, state-of-the-art buses across our key networks. We work proactively with our local authority partners, making a positive impact on air quality, tackling congestion and improving customer experience.
We are focused on First Bus becoming a leader in the transition to a low-carbon future and are committed to operating a zero-emission bus fleet by 2035; we have pledged not to purchase any new diesel buses after December 2022. We also operate the Aircoach network in Ireland. First Bus is a division of FirstGroup.
Interested? Apply Today!
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:Bus Driver
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:39
- Location:UK Bus - Hilsea