Bus Driver (Trainee or Qualified) - Essex
We need you! Always wanted to learn how to drive a bus? Here is your chance!
We are looking for both trainee and qualified drivers
Let First Bus inject some oomph into your career and become a bus driver at one of our Essex bus depots! We have positions available in Chelmsford, Hadleigh, Colchester and Basildon!
We are looking for great drivers with excellent customer service skills. You don't need to hold a bus driver licence; we will fully train you and pay you whilst doing so! On top of this we have both full-time and part-time positions available
Our energetic team at First Bus looks after over 5000 vehicles nationwide, including the latest innovations in public transport, hydrogen, electric and hybrid bus's - want to get your hands on one?
The salary for this position is £480 per week before tax or £390, with opportunities to earn up to £675 per week (£12.60 per hour from when you start)
We also have additional incentives in place!
- Recommend a friend £500 for both the new starter/existing colleague who has made the recommendation (£250 for the existing employed driver who has recommended a friend and £250 for the new starter joining once they have successfully completed new driver training and become productive and then another £250 each to the driver who recommended them and the new starter on successful completion of their probation at 6 months)
- New starters have the ability to work on their rest days whilst training with a buddy driver as overtime at the rate of £13.44 p/hr
- Temporary Work Rest Day Bonus – new enhanced incentives of £40 for colleagues doing 5 day duties/£45 for 4 day duties or weekends
Your mission as a bus driver is to go out on the open road. You'll work on your own initiative and take ownership of your bus on its travels, looking after passenger safety and providing a great customer experience. You'll drive different routes, issue tickets and drop people off at their destinations.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is a good communicator and gets on well with people. You must be patient, a safe driver, reliable and calm under pressure. Happy to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings and weekends, you should also have a full UK driving licence which you have held for 1 year (with no more than 3 points).
Training & Qualifications:
Full paid training will be provided which includes;
- Training for a PCV Licence
- Vehicle and route familiarisation
- Ticket machine and ticket type training
What can we offer you?
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
We will also provide you with a uniform so no need to worry about having the right kit for the job!
We have an amazing talented and diverse workforce from mountain bikers, runners, gamers, movie buffs and every other variety of people. We are one big family and you won't find a greater team of people like it!
What do we do?
At First Bus, we are at the forefront of on bus technology, leading the way with real time information, tracking and contactless payments.
Our most recent investments are in new, state-of-the-art buses across our key networks. We are making a positive impact on air quality and tackling congestion!
Our goal is to make things easier and a more pleasant experience for our customers, it is all about delivering the very best service.
Interested? Click on apply! The winner takes it all!
Valuing our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQ+, ethnicity, religion and disability means that our colleagues have a voice and are supported to be their authentic selves
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:Bus Driver
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:38
- Location:UK Bus - Basildon, UK Bus - Chelmsford, UK Bus - Colchester, UK Bus - Hadleigh