What fuels you? Let First Bus inject some oomph into your career this year and join us as a Mechanic!
We are currently looking for PSV/HGV Mechanics/Technicians to join our busy Engineering team in Swansea!
Our energetic team at First Bus looks after over 5000 vehicles nationwide, including the latest innovations in public transport, hydrogen, electric and hybrid bus's - want to get your hands on one?
We want passionate, forward thinking people, who take pride in their work to help build and maintain a zero-emission fleet of vehicles.
Do you want to be part of our energetic team of Engineers and maintenance staff repairing our fleet of vehicles? If yes, then this Mechanic position could just be the job for you!
We have day (early and late) & night shifts available!
The salary for the night shift is £33,500+ per year (£16.60 per hour)
The salary for the day shift (early & late) is £28,500 per year (£14.07 per hour)
Monday- Friday, working one in four Saturdays
What will you be doing?
The successful Mechanic/Technician will be responsible for the following duties:
- Diagnose and carry out vehicle repairs, servicing and parts replacement
- Diagnose vehicle faults and specify the correct method of repair and parts to be used
- Carry out vehicle servicing and routine vehicle examinations using hand held data capture devices if applicable
- Attend on-road vehicle breakdowns and recoveries
- Carry out vehicle road testing where necessary to identify specific vehicle defects or following remedial repair
Skills & Experience
- A minimum Level 3 NVQ standard of equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds Level 1&2)
- Ability to multi-skill within an Engineering Environment
- A flexible approach to working hours
- A PCV licence is desirable, ability to obtain PCV licence is essential
- Experience of working with buses & coaches would be an advantage
- A basic electrical understanding
We are looking for Mechanics who are fully conversant with the overhaul and repair of vehicle systems engines, gear boxes and hydraulic systems.
Ideally you will also have experience using workshop equipment such as brake rolling road testers, tracking gauges, hydraulic vehicle lifts, washing systems and testing equipment.
What we offer you!
- Up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- Free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on our Rail Services (Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull trains)
- High Street discounts
- Company pension
- Ongoing professional development
- Free parking
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected! All the gear… and the right idea!
We have an amazing talented and diverse workforce from mountain bikers, runners, gamers, movie buffs and every other variety of people. We are one big family, and you won't find a greater team of people like it!
Who are we?
First Bus is one of the UK's largest bus operators – and the partner of choice for innovative and sustainable transport. Leading the transition to a low-carbon future, we have committed to operating a zero-emission bus fleet by 2035 and to not purchase any new diesel buses after December 2022!
Engineering is an integral part of our business focusing on efficiency, excellence, safety and reliability.
Working for First Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. You'll work alongside our great team of technicians, mechanics, electricians and cleaners who all pull together to do a brilliant job! No two days are ever the same!
Interested? We aim to have best Engineers in the business…We need you!
Valuing our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQ+, ethnicity, religion and disability, means that our colleagues have a voice and are supported to be their authentic selves at work
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:39
- Location:UK Bus - Swansea