If you're a skilled mechanic with a minimum Level 3 NVQ or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds Level 1&2) and you've got experience working with buses, coaches or HGV's we'd love to hear from you.
For helping keep our fleet on the road, you'll earn a good salary and great benefits (see below).
Welcome to First Bus Engineering
Hello. We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and our engineering teams are working at the forefront of bus technology. Nationwide, we are investing in state-of-the-art new buses, and in the workshops and people that service them. A First Bus depot is the perfect environment to continue growing your engineering knowhow. We will support your ongoing development and provide a career path to follow.
About the role
At our Adderley Green depot you'll join a friendly team of apprentices, technicians, mechanics, electricians and cleaners who all work together to do a brilliant job maintaining a fleet of 105 vehicles with EUROVI emission aftertreatment systems. Our fleet is undergoing a refurb programme to improve our customer experience.We'll provide your overalls and all the tools and equipment needed.
Hours: Full-time 39 hours per week across two shifts. AM Shift 06:00 to 14:30 & PM Shift 14:00 to 22:30 Monday to Friday with weekends operating on a rota.
- Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2).
- Must be fully conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment and the overhaul and repair of vehicle electrical systems.
- A PCV licence isn't essential, we can support you in gaining it.
Rewards & Benefits
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Argos, Asda, Sainsburys, Tesco
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Free onsite parking + cycle to work scheme
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:39
- Location:UK Bus - Adderley Green