What fuels you? Let First Bus inject some oomph into your career this year and join us as a Coachbuilder
We are currently looking for a Coachbuilder to join our busy Engineering team in Swansea!
Our energetic team at First Bus looks after over 5000 vehicles nationwide, including the latest innovations in public transport, hydrogen, electric and hybrid bus's - want to get your hands on one?
We want passionate, forward thinking people, who take pride in their work to help build and maintain a zero-emission fleet of vehicles.
Do you want to be part of our energetic team of Engineers and maintenance staff repairing our fleet of vehicles? If yes, then this Coachbuilder position could just be the job for you!
What will you be doing?
The successful Coachbuilder will be responsible for the following duties:
- To undertake the repair and maintenance of vehicle bodywork and to carry out routine bodywork inspections and servicing in accordance with the Central Engineering SOP's.
- To diagnose vehicle body faults and specify the correct method of repair within defined quality and cost parameters.
- To carry out collision and vandalism repairs on vehicle bodywork and structural components.
- To repair work arising from routine vehicle inspections, vehicle defect cards and annual test preparations.
- To carry out painting of minor bodywork following remedial repairs.
- To undertake fibreglass bodywork repairs.
- To record repairs for third party insurance recoveries.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent.
- Welding experience
- Experience in accident repair and painting
- Must be in possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence and forklift truck licence.
What we offer you!
- Up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- Free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on our Rail Services (Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull trains)
- High Street discounts
- Company pension
- Ongoing professional development
- Free parking
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected! All the gear… and the right idea!
We have an amazing talented and diverse workforce from mountain bikers, runners, gamers, movie buffs and every other variety of people. We are one big family, and you won't find a greater team of people like it!
Who are we?
First Bus is one of the UK's largest bus operators – and the partner of choice for innovative and sustainable transport. Leading the transition to a low-carbon future, we have committed to operating a zero-emission bus fleet by 2035 and to not purchase any new diesel buses after December 2022!
Engineering is an integral part of our business focusing on efficiency, excellence, safety and reliability.
Working for First Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. You'll work alongside our great team of technicians, mechanics, electricians and cleaners who all pull together to do a brilliant job! No two days are ever the same!
Interested? We aim to have best Engineers in the business…We need you!
Valuing our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQ+, ethnicity, religion and disability, means that our colleagues have a voice and are supported to be their authentic selves at work
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:39
- Location:UK Bus - Swansea
- Salary:£14.07 per hour