First Bus are excited to be recruiting a Commercial Analyst- a brand new role within the newly established Commercial Revenue Team!
As our Commercial Analyst, you will support the Revenue Performance Manager in providing analysis and insight to the wider Commercial Revenue Team, on all aspects of First Bus' revenue performance.
Your work will play a big part in the businesses commercial decision-making and ultimately enable improved business performance, along with contributing to the success of our customer strategy.
Welcome to First Bus
Hello! First Bus is one of the country's largest bus operators – taking 1.6 million customers to their destinations every day. We're a forward-looking business at the forefront of bus technology, leading the way on contactless payments, mobile Apps and real time information. Our investment in state-of-the-art, new buses is just one part of our transition to a low-carbon future. It's an exciting time to be here.
What will you be doing?
- Working with the Market Intelligence Manager to develop and construct reporting, analysis, and insight
- Working closely with the pricing team to support all aspects of volume, revenue, yield and ticketing reporting
- Creating and owning a regular suite of commercial reporting to the team and wider business
- Being an expert in the construction, use and analysis of Commercial data
- Championing the use of Commercial data and visualisation in decision-making, across the organisation
- Educating and training the organisation in Commercial data tools and capabilities, driving a self-serve culture across all organisational levels
- Preparing accurate, written business correspondence that is coherent, effective, and professional
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrated experience of working in an analytical role for 2+ years, ideally working on analytics projects and exposure to working with a wide variety of data sets
- Thorough, inquisitive and innovative mindset, with ability to think outside the box
- Self-motivated, with ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent analytical mindset with broad commercial acumen and thought leadership, to generate meaningful, actionable insights on performance
- Proven SQL skills and Advanced Excel skills
- Skilled in the use of respected analytical tools and the creation of new processes and machine learning tools
- Experience of effectively analysing problems and data, paying high attention to detail, and presenting solutions and information in a meaningful way to a diverse range of audiences.
- High levels of resilience with ability to take input and direction to run with a task, working on own initiative.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary of £30k - £35k, dependent on experience
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Hybrid working
- Free company bus travel pass on joining for you and your family
- First My Rewards - Discounted train travel for you and your family
- Employee Assistance Programme – Mental Health support 24hrs/365days a year
- First Xclusives – High street and supermarket discounts, including discounted cinema tickets
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Apply now! We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37.50
- Location:UK Bus - Leeds Hunslet Park
- Salary:£30k - £35k, dependent on experience