Customer Service Advisor
Customer Service Advisor
£19,975 + Benefits
Leeds City Centre / Hybrid
Do you have a strong passion for helping people? Are you pro-active, with a can-do attitude, and sound approach to problem solving?
If you've answered yes, we could have the perfect role for you! We're looking for Customer Service Advisors to join our National Contact Centre, located in Leeds City Centre (just behind the train station), offering an annual salary of £19,975 + lots of benefits! You will find our offices to be lively, welcoming and an overall great place to work!
Welcome to First Bus
Hello! First Bus is one of the country's largest bus operators – taking 1.6 million customers to their destinations every day. We're a forward-looking business at the forefront of bus technology, leading the way on contactless payments, mobile Apps and real time information. Our investment in state-of-the-art, new buses is just one part of our transition to a low-carbon future. It's an exciting time to be here.
About the role
As a Customer Service Advisor, you will help our passengers with their queries and complaints, ensuring we always provide a high level of personalised customer service. We're committed to our passengers, so we want them to have positive interactions and conversations with us, no matter what the situation. We'll give you the training and support to help you ensure first time resolution is achieved wherever possible.
Taking calls isn't the only part of what you'll do. You'll also work on responding to queries & complaints that we have received through our contact us page, on the website and via email.
We're looking for someone who can work 37.5 hours per week, on a rolling rota. Most of our working hours fall between 8am – 6pm, Monday to Friday.
We know how important flexible working is, so after an initial 6 week induction, you can enjoy a combination of office and home based working.
What will you be doing?
- Complaint handling including logging, tracking, and resolving of complaints as well as escalating to the appropriate teams where necessary
- Working with our regional Operating Companies regarding passenger travel queries and complaints
- Multitasking on computer-based programmes, recording case notes accurately and using various systems to find specific information
What are we looking for?
- At least 6 months experience of working in a high-volume, fast paced, customer focused Contact Centre or similar
- A thorough approach with lots of attention to detail
- Great communication skills, whether that's on the phone or writing emails
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service
- An ability to understand other people's perspectives
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where the customer always comes first
- Great IT skills and an ability to learn new technology and processes quickly
- You must be able to commute to our office in Leeds
What can we offer you?
- 33 Days Annual Leave – Including bank holidays, or a day in lieu where you are required to work a public holiday
- First Xclusives – Discounts and cash back on many high street brands, supermarket's, holiday's, airport parking and cinema tickets, to name a few!
- First My Rewards - Discounted train travel for you and your family after 6 months service – travel as far as London and Edinburgh for only £6!
- Free bus pass for you and your family on joining
- Shares scheme – chance to buy shares in First Bus
- Generous pension scheme – 8% (5% of your monthly salary + 3% from First Bus)
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24hr, 365 days a year mental health support
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Apply Now! We look forward to receiving you application!
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:Customer Service
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37.50
- Location:Leeds Princes Exchange
- Salary:£19,975 per annum