Day Shift Mechanic
Day Shift Mechanic
£15.10 per hour
We are looking for a Mechanic to join our team in Sheffield - Olive Grove on a Day Shift!
For helping keep our fleet on the road, you'll earn a good salary and great benefits (see below).
We'd love to hear from if you have A minimum Level 3 NVQ standard of equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds Level 1&2)
Welcome to First Bus Engineering
Hello. We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and our engineering teams are working at the forefront of bus technology. Nationwide, we are investing in state-of-the-art new buses, and in the workshops and people that service them. A First Bus depot is the perfect environment to continue growing your engineering knowhow. We will support your ongoing development and provide a career path to follow.
About the role
Do you want to be part of our energetic team of Engineers and maintenance staff repairing our fleet of vehicles? If yes, then this Mechanic position could just be the job for you!
Working as part of a team, the successful applicant will be responsible for the following duties:
- To perform vehicle maintenance, diagnostics, servicing, repairs and MOT preparations, to all types of Public Service Vehicles, to a high standard and adhering to First Engineering Standard Operating Procedures.
- To comply with HS&E Legislation in line with Group Policies
- To comply with all other relevant Engineering SOPs
- To maintain and continually develop your technical skills in line with business change
- To work on a shift rota, five over seven days
We'll provide your overalls and all the tools and equipment needed.
Competitive Salary: £31,000+ per annum (£15.10 per hour) . You will be working 40 hours per week
- A minimum Level 3 NVQ standard of equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds Level 1&2)
- An ability to multi-skill within an Engineering Environment
- A flexible approach to working hours
- The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues
- A full B class licence is essential, and a PSV licence would be desirable. If you do not hold a PSV licence you must be willing to work to obtain a PSV licence with company training.
Rewards & Benefits
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Argos, Asda, Sainsburys
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:40
- Location:UK Bus - Sheffield Olive Grove Bus Depot