We are looking for an Engineering Chargehand to join our busy engineering team in Swansea on a night shift!
Do you want to be part of our energetic team of Engineers and maintenance staff repairing our fleet of vehicles? If yes, then this Chargehand position could just be the job for you!
As an Engineering Chargehand you will ensure strong teams are built in the depot, by consistently delivering a great service everyday.
You will ensure that all maintenance and servicing is carried out within time and budget, maintaining health and safety standards.
The salary for this position is £34,750 per year (plus the possibility of overtime) - £17.14 per hour
What will you be doing?
- To monitor the daily running of the depot and all engineering staff, and supervising in the absence of the Workshop Planner and Engineering Supervisor
- To carry out repairs and diagnosis on vehicles as required.
- To fully comply with all HS & E legislation along with First Group policies.
- To provide guidance to other staff as required.
- To allocate planned and unplanned work to engineering staff.
- To manage labour overtime in line with set authorisation limits, as set by Engineering Manager.
- Ensure the engineering vehicle status board and daily garage log are updated to reflect any changes that take place.
- Liaise with the operations department to deal with changeovers and breakdowns in the most effective way to minimise lost mileage
- In the absence of the Cleaning Supervisor, manage of vehicle cleaning, fuelling, oil checks and parking.
- Processing vehicle defect cards in line with engineering standard operating procedures.
- Take digital photographs of any vehicle involved in a third party incident in line with engineering standard operating procedures as required.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2) in a relevant Vehicle Repair subject.
- To be fully conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment
- Must be in the possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence and forklift truck licence if required.
- Good communication skills.
- Engaging and empowering with great organisational skills
What can we offer you?
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected or having the right kit for the job!
We have an amazing talented and diverse workforce from mountain bikers, runners, gamers, movie buffs and every other variety of people. We are one big family and you won't find a greater team of people like it!
What do we do?
At First Bus, we are at the forefront of on bus technology, leading the way with real time information, tracking and contactless payments.
Our most recent investments are in new, state-of-the-art buses across our key networks. We are making a positive impact on air quality and tackling congestion!
Our goal is to make things easier and a more pleasant experience for our customers, it is all about delivering the very best service.
Working for First UK Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. You'll work alongside our great team of technicians, mechanics, electricians and cleaners who all pull together to do a brilliant job! No two days are ever the same!
Interested? Click on apply!
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:39
- Location:UK Bus - Swansea
- Salary:£17.14 per hour