What fuels you? Let First Bus inject some oomph into your career this year and join us as an Engineering Supervisor in Norwich
Do you want to be part of our energetic team of Engineers and maintenance staff repairing our fleet of vehicles? If yes, then this Engineering Supervisor position could just be the job for you!
We want passionate, forward thinking people, who take pride in their work to help build and maintain a zero-emission fleet of vehicles.
Our energetic team at First Bus looks after over 5000 vehicles nationwide, including the latest innovations in public transport, hydrogen, electric and hybrid bus's - want to get your hands on one?
What will you be doing?
- Allocating planned and unplanned work to engineering colleagues
- Monitor workshop staff sickness and absence.
- Manage labour overtime in line with engineering budgets.
- Carry out vehicle inspection audits
- Supervising of vehicle cleaning, fuelling, oil checks and parking
- To liaise with external contractors for workshop plant and equipment emergency call outs.
- Take digital photographs of any vehicle involved in a third party incident
- Manage the engineering vehicle status board and update the daily garage log to facilitate workshop planning.
- Carry out skills assessments of all workshop staff and subsequently develop and deliver training and development plans for each member of staff.
- Liaise with the operations department to deal with changeovers and breakdowns in the most effective way to minimise lost mileage.
- Diagnose reoccurring vehicle defects as identified by the local engineering manager and organise repair.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will hold an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an Engineering field and be conversant with monitoring standard of engineering work on PCV.
Knowledge of safe operation of workshop equipment is essential, previous supervisory experience would be desirable.
To apply for this role, you must be in possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence.
What we offer you!
- Up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- Free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on our Rail Services (Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull trains)
- High Street discounts
- Company pension
- Ongoing professional development
- Free parking
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected! All the gear… and the right idea!
We have an amazing talented and diverse workforce from mountain bikers, runners, gamers, movie buffs and every other variety of people. We are one big family, and you won't find a greater team of people like it!
Who are we?
First Bus is one of the UK's largest bus operators – and the partner of choice for innovative and sustainable transport. Leading the transition to a low-carbon future, we have committed to operating a zero-emission bus fleet by 2035 and to not purchase any new diesel buses after December 2022!
Engineering is an integral part of our business focusing on efficiency, excellence, safety and reliability.
Working for First Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. You'll work alongside our great team of technicians, mechanics, electricians and cleaners who all pull together to do a brilliant job! No two days are ever the same!
Interested? We aim to have best Engineers in the business…We need you!
Valuing our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQ+, ethnicity, religion and disability, means that our colleagues have a voice and are supported to be their authentic selves at work