Engineering Supervisor (Days)
FirstBus Bradford have an opportunity for an Engineering Supervisor to join the team to first line manage and lead engineering personnel, carry out all aspects of engineering performance in the depot, including fleet and environmental management, delivering excellent customer experience, while managing a governance agenda that supports legislative and policy compliance.
Identify and resolve day to day engineering issues, providing updates and escalating key issues or concerns to the line manager.
Engage front line colleagues though effective communication, active listening and recognition
The Engineering Supervisor will work within and embed the divisional governance framework set by the Engineering Steering Group, ensuring that standard policies and procedures are adopted within the depot.
The salary is competitive and your working hours will be 38 per week
• In line with standard policies and procedures, supervise the maintenance and servicing of the fleet, ensuring vehicles comply with all statutory regulations
• Induct and develop an engaged, talented and high performing engineering team
• Efficiently allocate planned and unplanned work across the engineering team, including covering on the day absence
• Ensure the availability of vehicles in line with operational requirements
• Support the Stores Manager to ensure optimum management of stock and accurate and timely processing of warranty claims
• Maintain depot plant and equipment
• Maintain accurate records for all aspects of engineering standards and performance, including fleet and environmental management
• Ensure a comprehensive hand-over and coordination across shifts
• Conduct any disciplinary, grievance or absence management reviews in accordance with Company policy
• Work alongside depot operational and engineering team members, fostering excellent working relationships to effectively manage all aspects of service performance, including vehicle allocation, breakdowns, changeovers and punctuality and reliability of services
• Comply with requisition to pay procedures and delegated authorities
• Ensure an effective working relationship with recognised trade union representatives and officials
The successful candidates will hold an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an Engineering field and be conversant with monitoring standard of engineering work on PCV. Knowledge of safe operation of workshop equipment is essential and previous supervisory experience would be desirable. To apply for this role, you must be in possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence.
As an employee of FirstBus, you will be a part of a global, diverse company that transports millions of people every day; as a key member of our team you will be working in a very exciting role that will allow you to make a difference to our dynamic business.
Once you've completed your probation period, you'll enjoy fantastic benefits:
- Free travel - On our buses
- First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Share in our success – Buy discounted shares in First
- Pension – You'll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
- Free life assurance – For all members of our pension scheme.
One of Britain's largest bus operators, we help around 1.6 million passengers get about their local communities every day. Putting safety first and our customers at the heart of everything we do, we provide reliable, comfortable and punctual services that offer good value for money. We're also proud to be part of the FirstGroup family that carries 2.5 billion passengers a year all around the world in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada and Mexico.
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:38
- Location:UK Bus - Bradford