Finance Business Partner
We are looking for a Finance Business Partner to join our team in Caledonia, Scotland!
As a Finance Business Partner, who is a fully qualified accountant (ACMA, ACCA, ACA), you will support the Managing Directors and Senior Leadership Teams (SLT's), to maximise the financial, commercial and operational performance of the business.
You will drive the financial capability of the Operating Companies (OpCo) Senior Leadership Teams, through coaching and oversight, facilitating local ownership and delivery of financial targets.
As a Finance Business Partner, you will own the budgeting and forecasting process for the relevant Operating Companies ensuring the Senior Leadership Teams set, buy in to and understand robust financial targets and support the business in achieving these.
You will Set the highest standards of performance, lead by example and demonstrate passion and determination to influence, inspire and motivate our people.
- Drive the financial capability of OpCo SLT teams by providing an appropriate level of oversight, coaching and hands on involvement.
- Support the OpCo teams in understanding and improving their financial performance
- Develop robust and challenging financial targets for the OpCo and support them in delivering to these
- Challenge OpCo SLT teams to ensure robust strategic decisions are made with the support of strong financial analysis including but not limited to capex business cases, fare proposals, multi-operator scheme, network changes, pay awards, tender/contract bids and marketing plans.
- Provide independent insight to First Bus Executive team and the Finance Leadership team.
- Influence decisions through provision of analytical insight into key decisions. Identifying opportunities to maximise profitability and cash generation through benchmarking, both internal and external.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure seamless financial processes covering planning, reporting and governance.
- Challenge the OpCos and divisional functions to eliminate manual effort and non-standard process.
- Collaborate with OpCo SLTs and divisional functions to identify and document risks and opportunities to business performance.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required
- Fully qualified accountant (ACMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Commercially astute, with significant experience of working in a senior, business facing role
- Demonstrates leadership skills at a senior level including coaching and mentoring
- Implementing change by influencing behaviours and mindsets.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrating influencing skills with the necessary gravitas and emotional intelligence
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Committed to organisational confidentiality and supportive of equality issues across the organisation
What can we offer you?
- A salary range of between £65k-£75k
- Flexible Working
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Free company bus travel pass on joining
- Discounted train travel for you and your family
- Recognised award schemes
What do we do?
First Bus is one of the UK's largest bus operators. Making journeys easier for our customers, we were the first national bus operator to accept contactless card payments across all of our services and our First Bus App is voted ‘Best in Class' amongst UK bus operators.
Our most recent investments are in new, state-of-the-art buses across our key networks. We work proactively with our local authority partners, making a positive impact on air quality, tackling congestion and improving customer experience.
We are focused on First Bus becoming a leader in the transition to a low-carbon future and are committed to operating a zero-emission bus fleet by 2035; we have pledged not to purchase any new diesel buses after December 2022. We also operate the Aircoach network in Ireland. First Bus is a division of FirstGroup.
Interested? Click on apply and complete an application form!
Valuing our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQ+, ethnicity, religion and disability means that our colleagues have a voice and are supported to be their authentic selves.
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37.50
- Location:UK Bus - Caledonia Depot, Glasgow