Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner
£55,000 – £65,000 per annum
Full time, Permanent
First Bus is looking for Finance Business Partner to join their team in Chelmsford.
As a Finance Business Partner who is a fully qualified accountant (ACMA, ACCA, ACA) you will support the MDs and Senior Leadership Teams (SLTs) to maximise the financial, commercial and operational performance of the business.
Welcome to First Bus
Hello. First Bus is one of the country's largest bus operators – taking 1.6 million customers to their destinations every day. We're a forward-looking business at the forefront of bus technology, leading the way on contactless payments, mobile Apps and real time information. Our investment in state-of-the-art, new buses is just one part of our transition to a low-carbon future. It's an exciting time to be here.
About the role
As a Finance BP you will own the budgeting and forecasting process for the relevant OpCo's ensuring SLTs set and buy in to and understand challenging but robust financial targets and support the business in achieving these.
You will drive the financial capability of the OpCo SLTs through coaching and oversight, facilitating local ownership and delivery of financial targets.
- Drive the financial capability of OpCo SLT teams by providing an appropriate level of oversight, coaching and hands on involvement.
- Support the OpCo teams in understanding and improving their financial performance
- Develop robust and challenging financial targets for the OpCo and support them in delivering to these
- Challenge OpCo SLT teams to ensure robust strategic decisions are made with the support of strong financial analysis including but not limited to capex business cases, fare proposals, multi-operator scheme, network changes, pay awards, tender/contract bids and marketing plans.
- Influence decisions through provision of analytical insight into key decisions. Identifying opportunities to maximise profitability and cash generation through benchmarking, both internal and external.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure seamless financial processes covering planning, reporting and governance.
- Challenge the OpCos and divisional functions to eliminate manual effort and non-standard process.
- Collaborate with OpCo SLTs and divisional functions to identify and document risks and opportunities to business performance.
- Demonstrates the Group's values.
Special Working Conditions
- Ability to travel across the division as required
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- To comply with your responsibilities of the Health and Safety Policy, at all times.
- To ensure compliance with legislation, company policies and Injury Prevention.
- To ensure that risk assessments are carried out for areas and activities under your control, that appropriate control measures are implemented and the recommendations are communicated to all of those who may be at risk.
- To report incidents, near misses and dangerous occurrences in a timely manner and ensure effective remedial action is taken.
- To promote and implement, where appropriate, Injury Prevention and safe working practices by means of campaigns, initiatives and to promote a positive attitude to safety through personal leadership.
- To support the Company's environmental campaigns and be aware of Group's annual environmental targets
- Delivery to deadlines
- Accurate submissions
- Feedback from First Bus and OpCo Senior Leadership teams
- Development of financial capabilities in OpCo SLT teams
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required
- Commercially astute, with experience of working in a business facing role
- High integrity and builds trust at all levels
- Demonstrates relationship building skills at a senior level
- Good communication skills and demonstrated influencing skills
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Good oral, written and presentation skills
- Committed to organisational confidentiality and supportive of equality issues across the organisation
Rewards & Benefits
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days' holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
- Enhanced maternity / paternity pay
- Flexible working
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strain of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37.50
- Location:UK Bus - Chelmsford
- Salary:£55,000 - £65,000
- Closing Date:2 September 2022