IT Systems Expert
We are looking for an IT systems expert to join our busy team!
As an experienced fleet (engineering) IT systems expert, you will have technical skillsets and be responsible for the ongoing support, improvements and effective change to our Asset Management system to create help head a Divisional shift to a Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) based approach.
You will be supporting the business needs and ensuring the division can sustain fleet optimisation and continuously improve asset availability, reducing fleet downtime.
As a IT systems expert you will work with engineering subject matter experts, our business analysts, as well as support partners to develop our INFOR EAM system, interfaces, and protocols to support a standard use across the business, improving consistency of engineering and maintenance standards.
Some travel in the UK will be required from time to time and you can be based anywhere in the UK.
The salary for this position is between £55,000 and £60,000 per annum depending on skills and experience
It is essential that you have technical skills, sound functional capabilities, and knowledge of an enterprise application systems.
What will you be doing?
- Develop and maximise system configuration and functionality to streamline our end to end processes and recommend ongoing improvements, to maximise engineering performance
- Support the ongoing development of our assets management system, including reporting suites, access to data and interfaces, API's and feeds
- Support the development of a streamlined and standardise system to reinforce processes, compliance to meet engineering operating model and strict regulatory procedures,
- Support RCM's with the development of reports and key performance indicators alongside system subject matter experts
- Provide technical maintenance of the INFOR EAM system for business as usual activities ensuring that corporate and regulatory compliance is maintained at all times including working with the project team as required
- Provide subject matter expert support to the engineering end users, working with the system support team and escalating issues that cannot be resolved
- Communicate and interact with end users to fully understand and resolve issues, delivering additional system training where required and explaining the fundamentals of RCM
- Develop our core system, as well as the mobile application deployed in the estate, to make engineering life easy and supports our digital and depot transformation
- Provide the business with ad hoc reports or periodic reports
- Proactively identify and develop business solutions
Skills & Experience
- Preferable to have experience in a fleet / engineering background that can be applied to understand how procedures are converted to workflows and interact within the business rules applied on a digital system
- Have demonstrable experience on a modern digital asset management platform
- Strong technical understanding and functional capabilities
- Good Project Management understanding
- Experience working in an industry governed by defined regulations
- Comfortable and assured in speaking to a range of employee roles to impart knowledge and gain information as required
- INFOR EAM training will be provided if no prior experience of system/product
Who are we?
First Bus is one of the UK's largest bus operators – and the partner of choice for innovative and sustainable transport. Leading the transition to a low-carbon future, we have committed to operating a zero-emission bus fleet by 2035 and to not purchase any new diesel buses after December 2022.
Working proactively with local authority partners, First Bus is proud to be making a positive impact on air quality, tackling congestion and improving customer experience. Making journeys easier for customers, First Bus was the first national bus operator to accept contactless card payments across all services and the First Bus app is voted ‘best in class' amongst UK bus operators.
First Bus is a division of FirstGroup, the first UK bus and rail operator to formally commit to setting an ambitious Science-Based Target to achieve net zero emissions.
Interested? Click on apply and complete an application form!