Lead Training & Recruitment Officer
Lead Training & Recruitment Officer
Up to £35,000 (dependant on experience)
We are looking for a Lead Training & Recruitment Officer for our York depot. You will be the main point of contact for our training schools, not only will you be responsible for organising, planning and executing all aspects of training and recruitment but you will take the lead within our recruitment function. You will be responsible for the training of new employees to pass their PCV test, coaching new PCV holders and existing drivers who may require additional training, as well as delivering classroom based training such as induction and CPC.
This role is perfect for an individual looking to further their career into management within a recruitment setting.
About the role
The successful applicant will have had experience in a similar role, experience of delivering classroom based training or delivering training to non PCV holders.
You must have held a PCV licence for a minimum of 3 years, internal candidates must have an excellent attendance record.
You must be able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as this role will involve dealing with a wide variety of people.
You must be accredited to deliver driver CPC courses, you must also have knowledge and experience of Driver hours and regulations within a passenger transport sector
- Work with local managers to ensure that teams are competently trained, and to achieve agreed establishment requirements
- Experience delivering classroom based training in a previous role.
- Taking the lead within our recruitment function
- Consistently deliver high quality training in line with a divisional framework and local guidelines, specifically, but not exclusively in the following areas:
- Instruct new recruits to DSA PCV standard and train on customer service and carry out driving assessments as appropriate
- Undertake theory tests and ensure adequate stock of theory certificates
- CPC training to both new and established drivers
- Remedial support following critical incidents or driver skills assessment to restore confidence and competence
- Adhere to agreed processes to effectively induct new employees, ensuring trainees work in a safe manner in accordance to company safety policies and procedures
- Execute the local training and recruitment plans
- Maintain accurate records for all aspects of training and recruitment standards and performance
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure positive relationships are maintained between the Training team and the business
- Ensure a comprehensive hand-over and coordination across shifts
- Undertake driving duties, as required
Rewards & Benefits
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Asda, Sainsbury's, B&Q, ODEON cinema.
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days' holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
- Enhanced maternity / paternity pay
- Flexible working
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strain of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:UK Bus - York Depot
- Closing Date:26 August 2022