Mech/ Elec Technician
£29,400 per annum
Do you want to be part of our energetic team of Engineers and maintenance staff repairing our fleet of vehicles? If yes, then this Electrician position could just be the job for you!
For helping keep our fleet on the road, you'll earn a good salary and great benefits (see below).
If you have a minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2) we would love to hear from you!
Welcome to First Bus Engineering
Hello. We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and our engineering teams are working at the forefront of bus technology. Nationwide, we are investing in state-of-the-art new buses, and in the workshops and people that service them. A First Bus depot is the perfect environment to continue growing your engineering knowhow. We will support your ongoing development and provide a career path to follow.
About the role
The salary for this position is £29,350 (pay review pending)
Your working hours will be 40 per week
The successful Mech/Elec Technician will be responsible for the following duties:
- Diagnose and carry out vehicle repairs, servicing and parts replacement
- Diagnose vehicle faults and specify the correct method of repair and parts to be used
- Carry out vehicle servicing and routine vehicle examinations using hand held data capture devices if applicable
- Attend on-road vehicle breakdowns and recoveries
- Carry out vehicle road testing where necessary to identify specific vehicle defects or following remedial repair
- PCV Mechanical, Electrical & Body Repair Skills required
We want passionate, forward-thinking people, who take pride in their work to help build and maintain a zero-emission fleet of vehicles.
- Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level I & 2)
- Must have full cat B license
- To be fully conversant with the overhaul and repair of vehicle systems including engines, automatic/semi-automatic gearboxes, drive trains, compressed air systems, hydraulic systems, braking systems, steering systems, suspension systems, cooling systems and basic auto electrics
- To be fully conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment including brake rolling road testers, tracking gauges, hydraulic vehicle lifts, pressurised oil and waste systems, battery chargers and starters, trolley jacks, scaffolding, pressure wash and automatic washing equipment, digital smoke readers, headlamp alignment testers, hydraulic jacks and testing equipment, drilling machines, torque wrenches, pedestal grinders and general portable equipment (i.e. air guns, drills, electric and pneumatic hand tools etc..)
- To be fully familiar with all relevant diagnostic equipment including hydraulic flow meters, air and vacuum gauges, multi meters, temperature gauges, micrometers, Vernier gauges, engine and gearbox laptop testing equipment
- To have basic skills in gas and electric welding, burning, and basic body repairs
- To attend vehicle manufacturer product training courses, VOSA vehicle inspection training and specialist vehicle recovery training as required, this may involve an overnight stay
Rewards & Benefits
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:40
- Location:UK Bus - York Depot
- Salary:£14.21 p/h