We're looking for an Operations Supervisor to join our team in Livingston!
You will ensure a safe, punctual, reliable and cost-effective delivery of services by managing the flow of drivers and vehicles out of depot, along route and back into depot, within the operational excellence framework. Identifying and resolving day to day operational issues, including schedules, allocations, vehicle performance and driver queries. Providing updates and escalating key issues or concerns to the line manager.
You will engage front line colleagues though effective communication, active listening and recognition, working within and embedding the divisional governance framework set by the Operations Steering Group, ensuring that operational excellence policies and procedures are adopted within the depot
- Forward planning on-the-day service requirements through to end-of-day and future days, including covering on the day absence
- In a smaller depot, monitor and pro-actively manage service punctuality and availability, through the use of systems highlighted in the systems matrices.
- Support driver queries in a timely manner and oversee driver reporting
- Ensure accurate capture and recording of drivers' hours, duties and attendance in the DAS GUI system
- Maintain accurate records for all aspects of operational standards and performance
- Analyse and manage information and systems, to proactively to ensure continuous improvement of service performance
- Ensure drivers are allocated the correct vehicle and leave the depot on time
- Deal with telephone queries and support the satisfactory resolution of customer queries
- Ensure a comprehensive hand-over and coordination across shifts
- Manage the collection of cash from depots in line with company procedures
- Live input of lost/additional mileage when dealing with unexpected events (e.g. breakdowns)
- Ensure depot equipment is logged and maintained and that sufficient levels of stock are available, including: ticket machines, driver equipment, cash machines, and ticket rolls etc.
- Carry out investigations of incidents and prepare reports detailing findings and recommendations
- Work alongside depot operational and engineering team members, fostering excellent working relationships to effectively manage all aspects of on time performance, including vehicle allocation, breakdowns and changeovers
- Ensure an effective working relationship with recognised trade union representatives and officials
- Comply with requisition to pay procedures and delegated authorities
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required
Do you have good communication skills? Are you computer literate? Do you have workforce planning experience? Do you have good attention to detail? Do you have good Geographical awareness of the local area? Do you have knowledge of Working Time Regulations including drivers' hours rules?
Once you've completed your probation period, you'll enjoy fantastic benefits:
- Free travel - On our buses
- Discounted travel for you and your family on the trains (GWR, TPE, Hull Trains) and your family & friends will also benefit from cheap bus travel.
- First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Share in our success – Buy discounted shares in First
- Pension – You'll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
- Free life assurance – For all members of our pension scheme.
One of Britain's largest bus operators, we connect communities and help people to go to school, work and the shops. Every single day around 1.6 million passengers get on board our 6,400 buses. It's why we're so passionate about providing services that are reliable, punctual and offer good value for money. We're also proud to be part of the FirstGroup family that's based all around the world from the UK and Ireland to the USA, Canada and Mexico.
Interested? Apply today!
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:45
- Location:UK Bus - Livingston, UK Bus - Manchester
- Closing Date:6 October 2021