We are looking for a Shift Electrician to join our team in Leeds - Hunslet Park
For helping keep our fleet on the road, you'll earn a good salary and great benefits (see below).
You will be working 37 hours per week
We'd love to hear from if you have a minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2).
Welcome to First Bus Engineering
Hello. We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and our engineering teams are working at the forefront of bus technology. Nationwide, we are investing in state-of-the-art new buses, and in the workshops and people that service them. A First Bus depot is the perfect environment to continue growing your engineering knowhow. We will support your ongoing development and provide a career path to follow.
About the role
The successful Electrician will be responsible for the following duties:
- Diagnose vehicle faults and specify the correct method of repair and parts to be used.
- Carry out vehicle servicing in accordance with central engineering SOPs.
- Be fully conversant with the overhaul and repair of vehicle electrical systems including engine management, automatic/semi-automatic gearboxes, electronic braking, suspension, electronic destinations, multiplex wiring systems and E.C.U.
- Be fully familiar with all relevant diagnostic equipment including multi meters, temperature gauges, micrometers, vernier gauges and E.C.U. diagnostic computer equipment.
- Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2).
- Must be fully conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment and the overhaul and repair of vehicle electrical systems.
- Must be in the possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence and forklift truck licence if required.
Rewards & Benefits
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Argos, Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- 6 weeks holiday entitlement + bank holidays
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:UK Bus - Leeds Hunslet Park
- Salary:£16.49 - £17.89