We are currently seeking a self-motivated Shift Fitter to join our busy Engineering team in Truro!
The working hours for this role are 39 per week and the hourly rate is £14.45 per hour
Working as part of a team, the successful applicant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Vehicle fault diagnostics, servicing and repairs including MOT preps in accordance with First Bus Standard Engineering Operating Procedures
- To fully comply with all HS&E legislation along with Group Policies
- To fully comply with all relevant Engineering Standard Operating Procedures.
- To provide guidance to other staff as required
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and superiors
- Maintain and develop technical skills as required
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum Level 3 NVQ standard of equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds Level 1&2)
- To be fully conversant with the overhaul and repair of vehicle systems including engines, automatic/semi-auto gearboxes, drive trains, compressed air systems, hydraulic systems, braking systems, steering systems, suspension, cooling systems and basic auto electrics.
- Ability to multi-skill within an Engineering Environment
- A flexible approach to working hours
- An aptitude to develop others within the Engineering Team
- The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and superiors
- A PCV licence is desirable, ability to obtain PCV licence is essential
- Experience of working with coaches would be advantageous
Once you've completed your probation period, you'll enjoy fantastic benefits:
- Free travel - On our buses
- First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Share in our success – Buy discounted shares in First
- Pension – You'll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
- Free life assurance – For all members of our pension scheme.
One of Britain's largest bus operators, we help around 1.6 million passengers get about their local communities every day. Putting safety first and our customers at the heart of everything we do, we provide reliable, comfortable and punctual services that offer good value for money. We're also proud to be part of the FirstGroup family that carries 2.5 billion passengers a year all around the world in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada and Mexico.
Interested? Apply today!
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:39
- Location:UK Bus - Truro
- Closing Date:30 October 2021