Job Title: Shunter - Full Time (38 hours per week)
Location: Bannockburn Bus Depot
Your annual salary will be £17,500+ (£9 per hour)
We're looking for enthusiastic and committed team players who we can rely on to achieve the highest standards of bus cleanliness. With a reasonable level of physical fitness and an eye for detail and safety, you'll ideally have some cleaning experience and it is preferable to hold a full PCV or LGV licence to assist in moving vehicles. Fork-lift truck licence desirable.
Working as part of the team, the applicant/s will be responsible for the following duties: -
- Ensure that the fleet is processed through the bus wash as per the standards set.
- Maintain appearance of the vehicle at optimum levels.
- Assist with fuelling, oil and water checks
- Fully comply with all HS & E legislation along with Group policies.
It is desirable that the successful applicant display good communication skills, have a knowledge and use of equipment to include vacuuming machines, wet vac machines, Chemicals, cloths, leathers, brushes, scrapers, mops, buckets, bus washes, pressure washers, fuelling equipment, chemical dispensing equipment and any other equipment required to do the job. Flexibility in hours of work will be required to ensure all shifts are covered at peak times. Please note - it is essential to the role that you hold a full car driving licence (no more than 6 penalty points)
Once you've completed your probation period, you'll enjoy fantastic benefits:
- Free travel - On our buses
- First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Share in our success – Buy discounted shares in First
- Pension – You'll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
- Free life assurance – For all members of our pension scheme.
One of Britain's largest bus operators, we help around 1.6 million passengers get about their local communities every day. Putting safety first and our customers at the heart of everything we do, we provide reliable, comfortable and punctual services that offer good value for money. We're also proud to be part of the FirstGroup family that carries 2.5 billion passengers a year all around the world in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada and Mexico.
Please note that due to the popularity of this role we may need to close the advert early.
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:Bus Driver
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:38
- Location:UK Bus - Bannockburn