We are recruiting for a Stores Assistant to join our team in Bannockburn!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible individual with a keen eye for safety, plus an ability to work efficiently and to a timely, high standard. To assist in the operation and maintenance of an efficient stores service, for the provision of goods for the maintenance of vehicles, premises and equipment in accordance with Group Standard Operating Procedures.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- To assist the Storekeeper with the daily running of the Stores.
- To fully comply with all HS&E legislation along with Group policies.
- To fully comply with all relevant Engineering SOP's.
- To provide guidance to other staff as required.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and superiors.
- Maintain and develop technical skills as required.
Technical Knowledge and Training
- Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2).
- Must be fully conversant in all aspects of SAP or be willing to undergo training.
- Must be in the possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence and forklift truck licence if required.
What can we offer you?
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
What do we do?
First Bus is one of the UK's largest bus operators. Making journeys easier for our customers, we were the first national bus operator to accept contactless card payments across all of our services and our First Bus App is voted ‘best in class' amongst UK bus operators.
Our most recent investments are in new, state-of-the-art buses across our key networks. We are focused on First Bus becoming a leader in the transition to a low-carbon future and are committed to operating a zero-emission bus fleet by 2035; we have pledged not to purchase any new diesel buses after December 2022.
Engineering is an integral part of our business focusing on efficiency, excellence, safety and reliability. We're constantly looking for ways to improve our processes, techniques and ways of engineering our very diverse fleet.
Working for First UK Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. You'll work alongside our great team of technicians, mechanics, electricians and cleaners who all pull together to do a brilliant job! No two days are ever the same!
Interested? Apply Today!
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:38
- Location:UK Bus - Bannockburn