We are looking for a Stores/Parts Person to join our team in Bradford
As a Stores/Parts Person you will assist the Engineering and/or Stores Manager to provide an efficient stores service to the depot, effectively supporting engineering maintenance, delivering excellent customer experience.
You will identify and resolve day to day stores issues, providing updates and escalating key issues or concerns to the line manager.
The salary for this position is £19,000.00 per year (£9.66 per hour) and your working hours are 38 per week
What will you be doing?
- Support the Engineering Manager to ensure optimum management of material and fuel stocks, and the accurate and timely processing of warranty claims
- Ensure the availability of vehicle parts and fuel in line with the depot requirement
- Keep up to date on any fleet changes and manage stock levels accordingly
- Comply with procedures for bulk fuel deliveries and the reconciliation of fuel stocks
- Ensure compliance with Requisition to Pay procedures
- Ensure stores areas are kept clean and tidy, and stock is stored in a secure, safe, and efficient manner
- Support the Engineering Manager to monitor and manage stock usage
- Maintain relevant business systems to accurately records all aspects of stock management
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate would ideally have commercial vehicle parts advisory experience and a UK driving licence.
You will have an NVQ Level 1 & 2 Vehicle Parts Management or a City & Guilds Vehicle Parts Technician and working knowledge of how to use SAP.
What can we offer you?
- 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected or having the right kit for the job!
What do we do?
First Bus is one of the UK's largest bus operators. Making journeys easier for our customers, we were the first national bus operator to accept contactless card payments across all of our services and our First Bus App is voted ‘best in class' amongst UK bus operators.
Our most recent investments are in new, state-of-the-art buses across our key networks. We work proactively with our local authority partners, making a positive impact on air quality, tackling congestion and improving customer experience.
We are focused on First Bus becoming a leader in the transition to a low-carbon future and are committed to operating a zero-emission bus fleet by 2035; we have pledged not to purchase any new diesel buses after December 2022.
Working for First UK Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. No two days are ever the same!
Interested? Apply Today!
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:38
- Location:UK Bus - Bradford