Trainee Bus Driver - Adderley Green
We need you! Always wanted to learn how to drive a bus? Here is your chance!
We are looking for great drivers with excellent customer service skills. You don't need to hold a bus driver licence; we will fully train you and pay you whilst doing so!
Let First Bus inject some oomph into your career and become a bus driver in Adderley Green!
Our energetic team at First Bus looks after over 5000 vehicles nationwide, including the latest innovations in public transport, hydrogen, electric and hybrid bus's - want to get your hands on one?
You will earn £21,000+ per year for 6 months (£10.80 per hour) which will rise to £22,500+ per year after 6 months of service (£11.60 per hour)
Your mission as a bus driver is to go out on the open road. You'll work on your own initiative and take ownership of your bus on its travels, looking after passenger safety and providing a great customer experience. You'll drive different routes, issue tickets and drop people off at their destinations.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is a good communicator and gets on well with people. You must be patient, a safe driver, reliable and calm under pressure. Happy to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings and weekends, you should also have a full UK driving licence which you have held for 1 year (with no more than 3 points).
Training & Qualifications:
Full paid training will be provided which includes;
- Training for a PCV Licence
- Vehicle and route familiarisation
- Ticket machine and ticket type training
We'll be there for you, because you're there for us too
- We want the best people on our team. So, we'll look after you with great training, benefits and opportunities to grow your career:
- Professional training (with pay) to pass the PCV theory and practical tests
- Ongoing professional development
- free bus travel for you and your family
- Excellent rates of pay
- Opportunity to gain a nationally recognised industry qualification
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme
We will also provide you with a uniform so no need to worry about having the right kit for the job!
We have an amazing talented and diverse workforce from mountain bikers, runners, gamers, movie buffs and every other variety of people. We are one big family and you won't find a greater team of people like it!
What do we do?
At First Bus, we are at the forefront of on bus technology, leading the way with real time information, tracking and contactless payments.
Our most recent investments are in new, state-of-the-art buses across our key networks. We are making a positive impact on air quality and tackling congestion!
Our goal is to make things easier and a more pleasant experience for our customers, it is all about delivering the very best service.
Interested? Click on apply! The winner takes it all!
Valuing our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQ+, ethnicity, religion and disability means that our colleagues have a voice and are supported to be their authentic selves
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:Bus Driver
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:38
- Location:UK Bus - Adderley Green