Trainee Bus Driver
We are looking for Trainee Bus Drivers to join us in the Hilsea area!
Going out on the open road as a bus driver, you'll work on your own initiative and take ownership of your bus on its travels, looking after passenger safety and providing a great customer experience. You'll drive different routes, issue tickets and drop people off at their destinations.
- As a trainee Bus Driver, we will pay you £10.23 per hour whilst you're in training! This will increase to £11.75 per hour on completion of your training.
- Once you are qualified you will be earning between £23,829 to £29,328 (£11.75 per hour - rising to £12.00 per hour in September 2022) with overtime potential of £31K+.
- Your working hours will be between 39 and 48 hours per week (flexible)
- This is a permanent contract.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is a good communicator and gets on well with people. You must be patient, a safe driver, reliable and calm under pressure. Happy to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings and weekends, you should also have a full UK driving licence (with no more than 6 points).
Training & Qualifications:
Full paid training will be provided which includes;
- Training for a PCV Licence
- Vehicle and route familiarisation
- Ticket machine and ticket type training
What can we offer you?
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
We will also provide you with a uniform so no need to worry about having the right kit for the job!
What do we do?
First Bus is one of the UK's largest bus operators. Making journeys easier for our customers, we were the first national bus operator to accept contactless card payments across all of our services and our First Bus App is voted ‘best in class' amongst UK bus operators.
Our most recent investments are in new, state-of-the-art buses across our key networks. We work proactively with our local authority partners, making a positive impact on air quality, tackling congestion and improving customer experience.
We are focused on First Bus becoming a leader in the transition to a low-carbon future and are committed to operating a zero-emission bus fleet by 2035; we have pledged not to purchase any new diesel buses after December 2022. We also operate the Aircoach network in Ireland. First Bus is a division of FirstGroup.
Interested? Apply Today!
First Bus welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:Bus Driver
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:39
- Location:UK Bus - Hilsea