Trainee Bus Driver
Trainee Bus Driver (Student Vacancies)
Up to 25 hours per week
We love welcoming new Bus Drivers to our team in Caledonia!
This role is perfect for students wanting to get to know Glasgow! Are you a student in the local area and looking for a part time position to fit around your timetable?
We have a range of shifts available on a part time basis!
On top of your salary, there are some brilliant benefits. Our package helps your weekly wage go further, while providing long-term financial security (see details below).
Our package helps your weekly wage go further, while providing long-term financial security.
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Tesco, Asda, Argos, Sainsburys
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- First My Rewards - Discounted train travel for you and your family after 6 months service – travel as far as London/Edinburgh for £6!
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme + chance to buy discounted First Group shares
Don't worry if you've never driven anything bigger than a car before. We provide top-class training on our modern, automatic buses. With the guidance of our instructors, you'll soon be confident on bustling high streets, narrow back streets, busy roundabouts and rush-hour ring roads.
As a trainee bus driver you will be earning £13 per hour. Part Time contracts are up to 25 hours per week.
Please apply now if you are 18 or over, with at least 6 months' driving experience.
Welcome to First Bus
Hello. We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and we've launched the driving careers of thousands of people across the UK. You will be joining a forward-looking business at the forefront of bus technology. From mobile apps to carbon-friendly buses, we're leading the way.
Why become a First Bus Driver?
You'll be providing a service that customers value and rely on. Getting to work or school. Doctor's appointments. Visiting Nan. Popping to the shops. Heading into town. The journey home. Bus drivers are key workers who keep everyday life moving for local communities.
You'll be out on the road, working on your own initiative. At the same time, you will be part of a close-knit driving team, who look out for each other. You'll find a real mix of colleagues at your depot.
Every day brings something different. You'll meet some amazing people along the way.
We'll be there for you, because you're there for us
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you'll have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
What we're looking for
If you're a patient, safe driver with good people skills, you're the perfect fit for our driving team.
- Trainees need a full UK driving licence (with no more than 6 points)
- All drivers need the flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including early mornings, evenings and weekends
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:Bus Driver
- Contract Type:Permanent - Part Time
- Contracted Hours:25
- Location:UK Bus - Caledonia Depot, Glasgow