Yellow School Bus Escort - Part Time
We are looking for School Bus Escort to join our team in Huddersfield
First is firmly committed to offering a quality service to pupils and their families and schools. We therefore need to ensure the safety and welfare of all pupils, drivers and escorts on home to school transport.
You will be earning £8.72 per hour and you will be contracted to a 13 hour working week during school term time only. This is a permanent position.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who will need to establish relationships:
- With the children
- With their parents/carers
- With the drivers of the vehicles
- With schools
What are your duties and responsibilities?
- Responsible for the care and supervision of the children whilst they are travelling to and from school
- Ensuring that pupils are securely seated and seat belts are fastened before the vehicle proceeds
- Must see that the vehicle stops at each appointed stopping place and that the children board the vehicle safely
- Must see that the children leave the vehicle safely and are handed over to the staff of the school
- Must see that the children alight at their appointed stops. Children under 8 must be met at their bus stop. No child who should be met should be allowed off the bus if their parent or guardian is not present.
What can we offer you?
- up to 5 weeks holiday (pro rata plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
What do we do?
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go. Together we provide helpful and reliable services on our buses, keep thousands of vehicles on the road and make sure everything runs smoothly.
We can offer you a wide range of rewarding careers, as we make a big investment in the future and transform the world of bus travel.
FirstBus welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive organisation because we believe that diversity brings benefits for our customers, communities and our people. Valuing our differences and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience helps us develop new services, open up new markets and broaden our customer base.
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply Today!
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Part Time
- Contracted Hours:13
- Location:UK Bus - Huddersfield