Catering Business Support Manager
Who are we?
GWR is the proud custodian of Brunel's railway - one of the most prestigious networks in the world. We have some of the newest trains in the country and exciting plans to extend our services. With more than one hundred million passenger journeys each year, we carry people to over 275 stations in the South West, from Cornwall and South Wales to London, passing through beautiful country and some of the UK's top tourist destinations.
We are transforming the way people think about train travel, empowering our team of over 6,000 people from all different backgrounds to make it a great experience for our customers. Together, we will revalue rail as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
About the team?
The catering team is a small team of managers who look after the overall catering offer, the EPOS point of sale system and external suppliers. We mange stock and what we sell and also the provision on and off train. We manage all real time issues as they occur and plan for major projects and changes for the future. Catering at GWR has many forms from fine dining to a bag of crisps and logistics is key to the success.
About the job:
The day job will be varied managing real time issues with suppliers and the Epos system, managing the team of 4 to ensure the best outcome for products to train and the best overall customer experience. You will be part of product selection and implementing new lines to trains ensuring the logistics are smooth and the briefing documents clear. The customer hosts are the key to making catering successful so great communication skills are a must. We have many meetings each period to drive improvements and implement new exciting projects you will also be part of these and take an active leading role
What are your main responsibilities?
- Ensure that the customer experience is at the heart of all aspects of the on-board catering and 1st Class Lounge offer
- Line management of Catering Logistics Managers x 3 and the epos ordering manager
- Active performance management of logistics and product supply contractor against KPI's for order fulfilment, product availability, and credit balance weekly. Ensure that the supply contract delivers value for money and is subject to continuous improvement process
- Hands-on control of EPOS systems and mitigations within all EPOS Policy. Ensure there is closure of live fault reporting, replacement and repair process and suitable feedback to users
- Assist the Catering Operations Manager with product strategy. Ensure Product decisions work through into effective supply on train, stock and sales monitoring, quality control and customer satisfaction
- Fully understand the catering profit and loss process and take responsibility for systems for stock control, product efficiency and reduction of waste
- Take a leading role in the implementation and ongoing performance of the At Seat and Advanced Purchase Customer App and emerging EPOS hardware and software
- Take a leading role in the performance of Pullman Restaurant services ensuring product, logistics and control issues are well managed
- Key attendance at meetings within the catering team, the wider GWR team and with key stakeholders to drive and implement projects and changes (EPOS supplier, Hitachi, Catering Product and Logistics supplier)
- Build strong relationships with Line Management and Catering Crews in GWR
About you/you will need to be
- A quick thinker and able to work solo and as part of a team
- Able to think customer first when making decisions
- Have a passion for driving improvements and implementing change
- Driven to ensure the best is provided from contracts
What do I need?
or As a minimum you will need to have:
- Catering background preferred (not essential for the right candidate)
- Minimum level 3 food safety preferred but training can be given
- Proven line management experience of 3 plus
- Logistics background and experience of multi-site operations
- Computer literate and comfortable writing papers and briefs
- Past project implementation history
- Ability to work with, learn and deliver tech
- contract management experience
Desk space will be provided in Paddington London as this role will require minimum 2 days work from here as the team you will manage is based here, the rest of the working week can be flexible as long as you can access the GWR route easily to enable travel
The working week will require some weekends 1 in 4 as a minimum and there will be an on call slot once every 7 weeks which is remote from home and no need to travel into the business
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including on-going development, defined benefit pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, discounted shopping and gym membership and an employee assistance programme.
At GWR we value diversity. Our vision for inclusion and diversity is:
We are progressive. We are one family. We are inclusive. First time, every time.
Valuing our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQ+, ethnicity, religion, and disability, means that every colleague has a voice and is supported to be their authentic self at work.
- Company:Great Western Railway (GWR)
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:GWR Network, London Paddington Station
- Closing Date:18 October 2021