Customer Sales Advisor (GPR) Temp
Salary – £26,442 per annum
Who are we?
GWR is the proud custodian of Brunel's railway - one of the most prestigious networks in the world. We have some of the newest trains in the country and exciting plans to extend our services. With more than one hundred million passenger journeys each year, we carry people to over 275 stations in the South West, from Cornwall and South Wales to London, passing through beautiful country and some of the UK's top tourist destinations.
We are transforming the way people think about train travel, empowering our team of over 6,000 people from all different backgrounds to make it a great experience for our customers. Together, we will revalue rail as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
About the team?
The stations team delivers a wide range of services to our customers, from being the first and last point of contact in a customer's journey, selling and checking tickets, making sure our customers know where to go, helping them to board and alight services, providing information and help to make the customer experience one to remember. The team is responsible for providing a safe and secure environment, delivering effective timely sale's allowing for the prompt dispatch of trains and ensuring that all the services provided at the station deliver to the highest standards. Working in a busy and challenging environment, the stations team work hard to ensure a great customer experience is delivered.
About the job?
You'll confidently and impartially sell the full range of tickets and services, including processing high volumes of sales, and ensuring that customer requirements are met and exceeded.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Providing the highest level of customer service and being proactive to customer needs
- Accurately and impartially selling the full range of products and services to our customers in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner
- Maximising opportunities for increased sales at ticket offices by adopting selling techniques and offering enhanced products to customers
- Carrying out routine maintenance and cleaning of ticket machines and IT equipment
- Accurately completing all accountancy and other associated documentation
- Maintaining Station compliance when needed (including Station Posters & Ticket Office Documentation)
You will need to be:
- Able to deliver exceptional front line customer service
- Able to understand customer requirements and expectations
- A Self-starter with a can do attitude
- Confident when decision making
- Able to remain calm yet directive in a crisis
- Able to work to strict procedures
As a minimum you will need to have:
- The ability to work as part of a team or independently (there will be times where you will be lone Working at some stations
- Evidence of numerical ability
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
About the location?
You will be required to work at all stations within the Kennet & Thames valley area, covering a large geographical area. The stations include Theale, Cholsey, Goring, Pangbourne, Tilehurst, Newbury, Thatcham, Pewsey, Bramley, and Mortimer. You will need your own transport and be able to start at all these stations without relying of train services. This role is covering the ticket offices, station duties, and customer service at any of these locations, you will be required to assist customers, complete security checks and to keep the station tidy and safe as you will be the only member of staff at these locations.
The role requires a 35-hour working week with some weekend work. Inc Sundays and Bank holidays (while covering Newbury).
- You would need to be flexible and have a full UK driving licence. Driving to some locations is essential part of the role.
- Be able to arrive at all these locations on time.
- You would need to support passengers with limited mobility, including use of ramps.
- You would need to complete Winterisation duties at the station which will include platform Ice melting treatment and snow clearance.
- Other reasonable tasks as requested by management.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including on-going development, defined benefit pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, discounted shopping and gym membership and an employee assistance programme.
We all belong at GWR. This is our vision for providing an inclusive environment for all our colleagues, ensuring all candidates have an equal opportunity to access meaningful employment.
We value our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQIA, ethnicity, religion and disability. We maintain zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice towards our colleagues, customers, and future talent.
We celebrate and encourage diversity of thought, progressive ways of working and seeing all our colleagues grow and thrive.
We review all roles and job descriptions to ensure they are accessible and, where possible, we support and provide flexible working options; we recommend that you refer to each vacancy description for further details.
If you require additional support to complete your application due to a disability or neurodivergent condition such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, or autism, please follow the links below. We encourage you to share any additional needs you may require so we can provide a fair and equal process for all who apply.
- Company:Great Western Railway (GWR)
- Website Skillset:Customer Service
- Contract Type:Fixed Term - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:35
- Location:Kennet & Thames Valley Region
- If temporary, length of contract:12 months
- Closing Date:5 June 2023