Customer Sales Assistant
Who are we?
GWR is the proud custodian of Brunel's railway - one of the most prestigious networks in the world. We have some of the newest trains in the country and exciting plans to extend our services. With more than one hundred million passenger journeys each year, we carry people to over 275 stations in the South West, from Cornwall and South Wales to London, passing through beautiful country and some of the UK's top tourist destinations.
We are transforming the way people think about train travel, empowering our team of over 6,000 people from all different backgrounds to make it a great experience for our customers. Together, we will revalue rail as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
About the team?
This position is based at Worcestershire Parkway station. Working within the sales office you will often be the first people that our customers have contact with, having a responsibility to provide a warm welcome, make people feel secure and help customers on their journeys.
About the job?
As a Customer Sales Advisor, you will confidently and impartially sell the full range of tickets and services, including processing high volumes of sales, and ensure that customer requirements are met and exceeded.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Providing the highest level of customer service and being proactive to customer needs
- Accurately and impartially selling the full range of products and services to our customers in a friendly, professional and efficient manner
- Maximising opportunities for increased sales at ticket offices by adopting selling techniques and offering enhanced products to customers
- Carrying out routine maintenance and cleaning of ticket machines and IT equipment
- Accurately completing all accountancy and other associated documentation.
- Maintaining TVMs at the station
- Carrying out customer assistance when required
- Carrying out winter weather precautions
You'll need to be:
- Able to deliver exceptional front-line customer service
- Able to understand customer requirements and expectations
- A Self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Confident when decision making
- Able to remain calm yet directive in a crisis
- Able to work to strict procedures
As a minimum, you will need to have:
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Evidence of numerical ability
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer Service Experience
About the location?
Worcestershire Parkway is a relatively new Great Western Railway station which opened in 2020, connecting journeys between the North Cotswolds and Cardiff to Gloucester to Birmingham lines
This role requires shift working including weekends and bank holidays. The earliest shift start is 0450 and the latest shift finish is 2020. The start and finish times may be at times when public transport is not available, so you must be able to get to and from the station without relying on this.
This role involves having to help assisting customers with luggage when required. Also, during cold winter weather this role involves gritting the platforms in preparation for the first train departure.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including on-going development, defined benefit pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, discounted shopping and gym membership and an employee assistance programme.
We all belong at GWR. This is our vision for providing an inclusive environment for all our colleagues, ensuring all candidates have an equal opportunity to access meaningful employment.
We value our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQIA, ethnicity, religion and disability. We maintain zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice towards our colleagues, customers, and future talent.
We celebrate and encourage diversity of thought, progressive ways of working and seeing all our colleagues grow and thrive.
We review all roles and job descriptions to ensure they are accessible and, where possible, we support and provide flexible working options; we recommend that you refer to each vacancy description for further details.
If you require additional support to complete your application due to a disability or neurodivergent condition such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, or autism, please follow the links below. We encourage you to share any additional needs you may require so we can provide a fair and equal process for all who apply.
- Company:Great Western Railway (GWR)
- Website Skillset:Customer Service
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:35
- Location:Worcestershire Parkway Station
- Closing Date:5 June 2023