Customer Service Train Dispatch & Ticket Selling
Who we are:
GWR is the proud custodian of one of the most prestigious railway networks in the world. Our services call at over 275 stations, stretching across the South West of England.
We aim to transform the way people think about rail travel by setting a new standard – a better experience for our customers. Together we will restore the railways as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
About the job:
A great opportunity to work at a beautiful and historical station. Kemble is a single-staffed station so the successful candidate must be comfortable with lone working, however, you will be part of the wider South Cotswolds team. This is a varied role, responsible for a number of duties across the station, such as; ticket selling, dispatching trains, maintaining station standards as well as all aspects of customer assistance.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Providing the highest level of customer service and being dedicated to their needs
- Accurately and impartially selling the full range of products and services in a friendly, professional and efficient manner
- Maximising opportunities for increased sales at ticket offices by adopting selling techniques and offering enhanced products to customers
- Carrying out routine maintenance and cleaning of ticket machines and IT equipment
- Accurately completing all accountancy and other associated documentation
- Ensuring the safe and punctual departure of trains from the station, following correct dispatch procedures
- Providing information and assistance to customers
- Ensuring the safety of customers, staff, visitors and contractors is given the highest priority
- Maintaining a safe, pleasant and clean station environment to include cleaning and gritting
You'll need to be:
- Able to deliver extraordinary front line customer service
- Able to understand customer requirements and expectations
- A self-starter with a can do attitude
- Confident when decision-making
- Calm yet directive in a crisis
- Able to work to strict procedures
As a minimum you'll need to have:
- The ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
- Evidence of numerical ability
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to multitask well
- Have your own transport and live within an hour of the location
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including defined benefit salary pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, childcare vouchers and an Employee assistance programme.
At GWR we value diversity. Our vision for inclusion and diversity is:
We are progressive. We are one family. We are inclusive. First time, every time.
Valuing our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQ+, ethnicity, religion, and disability, means that our colleagues have a voice and are supported to be their authentic selves at work.
For more information regarding the application process please contact the Group Resourcing Team firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company:Great Western Railway (GWR)
- Website Skillset:Customer Service
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:35
- Location:Kemble Railway Station
- Closing Date:22 October 2021