Digital Insights & Content Editor
Who are we?
GWR is the proud custodian of Brunel's railway - one of the most prestigious networks in the world. We have some of the newest trains in the country and exciting plans to extend our services. With more than one hundred million passenger journeys each year, we carry people to over 275 stations in the South West, from Cornwall and South Wales to London, passing through beautiful country and some of the UK's top tourist destinations.
We are transforming the way people think about train travel, empowering our team of over 6,000 people from all different backgrounds to make it a great experience for our customers. Together, we will revalue rail as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
About the team?
The Retail team within the Sales and Marketing Directorate is responsible for the management and delivery of GWR's digital channels and all aspects of ticketing delivery. The team are responsible for managing GWR's online presence to promote our products and services, keep customers informed and raise awareness of our brand.
About the job?
You will work closely with the GWR digital team to assist with the day-to-day management of GWR.com and GWR mobile app, to include content upload, UX/UI and functional improvements. You will utilise customer insights tools to analyse how customers are engaging with the GWR website and provide data driven recommendations to the digital managers and digital agencies.
You will work with a range of stakeholders, across the business and more widely – to ensure the brochureware pages are engaging and performing optimally, against the objectives of the business.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Co-ordinate the design and structure of content on the website in discussion with the Digital Managers and internal stakeholders.
- Prioritise and action website content requests submitted by internal stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Work within the digital team to implement and test UX/UI improvements.
- Monitor and track performance of the customer journey by analysing and summarising key findings from various customer insights tools
- Take ownership of customer insights metrics, analytical & reporting improvements
- Respond to business questions by exploring customer data using statistical expertise to help the business take decision
- Moderate and publish site content via a content management system in a timely fashion, working to tight deadlines, and ensuring editorial quality standards, appropriate tone of voice and consistency across the site.
- To provide day-to-day advice and practical support across the organisation's functional areas to ensure that all sections of the site are kept up to date and developed appropriately in our brand and house style.
- To keep up to date with best practice in web accessibility, usability and writing for the web and new media trends as well as trends in the travel industry, our competitors and digital innovation. Working cross-functionally to generate, prioritise and plan suitable content (including text and images) for the delivery of the digital schedule, ensuring a joined-up approach to the organisation's online activities and messaging, including website presence, social media and e-marketing
You'll need to be:
- A self-motivated, dedicated, well organised and resilient individual, able to work cross-functionally with colleagues at all levels in the business and able to represent the views of the company in wider stakeholder forums
- Flexible and resilient to be able to work to tight deadlines and short notice emerging business needs
What do I need?
- Previous working experience as a Digital content editor
- Excellent knowledge and experience with using content management systems
- Digital management skills including familiarity with design and build principles
- Working knowledge of software such as Photoshop
- Experience in working with and utilising data from Google Analytics
- Good working knowledge of customer insights tools such as SessionCam and Usabilla or similar
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- High degree of endurance and flexibility to work through multiple iterations of digital services and updates quickly, managing changing priorities and diverse subject matters
- Experienced in managing a mixed and varied workload of conflicting priorities, responding effectively to the needs of services and digital team
- Excellent written communication skills, with keen attention to detail
- Excellent copy-editing skills to assist the digital team in ensuring website updates meets brand guidelines
- Experienced in using bug tracking software such as Jira
- Experience in the railway industry (preferable)
About the location?
The GWR Digital team work from office, locations in London and Plymouth. This role can be based at either location dependent upon the home location of the successful applicant. If based in our London Offices, these are located close to Paddington station.
If based in our Plymouth office, these are located in a city centre location, 15 minutes walk from Plymouth Railway station, and within easy reach of local bus network.
Some travel to other locations on the GWR network will also be required to meet business requirements
This is predominantly a Monday to Friday, Office hours role, working 37 hours per week, although some flexibility is required to handle emerging business needs, including travel to other GWR locations
This role is part of the GWR retail team, which has sub-teams based across the GWR network in London, Swindon and Plymouth. Some travel to these locations will be required as part of the role. We also work with multiple agencies, which will from time to time necessitate meetings and travel to other locations
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including on-going development, defined benefit pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, discounted shopping and gym membership and an employee assistance programme.
We all belong at GWR. This is our vision for providing an inclusive environment for all our colleagues, ensuring all candidates have an equal opportunity to access meaningful employment.
We value our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQIA, ethnicity, religion and disability. We maintain zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice towards our colleagues, customers, and future talent.
We celebrate and encourage diversity of thought, progressive ways of working and seeing all our colleagues grow and thrive.
We review all roles and job descriptions to ensure they are accessible and, where possible, we support and provide flexible working options; we recommend that you refer to each vacancy description for further details.
If you require additional support to complete your application due to a disability or neurodivergent condition such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, or autism, please follow the links below. We encourage you to share any additional needs you may require so we can provide a fair and equal process for all who apply.
- Company:Great Western Railway (GWR)
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Plymouth Station, The Point London
- Closing Date:10 October 2022