Dispatch Supervisor GPR (Temp)
About the job:
As a Station Supervisor, you will lead, motivate and develop colleagues to deliver a world-class customer experience, ensuring that station activities are completed safely and punctually and that information and assistance is provided to customers
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Leading and coordinating station staff to deliver the highest standards of customer service and safety at the station
• Providing the highest levels of customer service and being proactive to customer needs
• Ensuring the safe and punctual departure of trains from the station, following correct dispatch procedures
• Providing information and assistance to customers
• Ensuring the safety of customers, staff, visitors and contractors is given the highest priority
• Maintaining a safe, pleasant and clean station environment
• Ensuring customer security by maintaining a strong visibility within the station
You'll need to be:
• Able to deliver exceptional front line customer service
• Able to demonstrate the ability to lead front line customer service
• A Self-starter with a can do attitude
• Confident when decision making
• Able to remain calm yet directive in a crisis
• Able to work to strict procedures
As a minimum you'll need to have:
• Evidence of directly working within a team
• Evidence of numerical ability
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Basic level of computer literacy.
About the location:
Cheltenham Spa sits a 5 minute drive away from Cheltenham Town Centre and has recently undergone a huge transformation to the car park which has bought more car park spaces. Cheltenham Hospital and the Racecourse are just a short drive away from the station. Cheltenham sees several Cross Country services to Birmingham and the North every hour.
Gloucester and Cheltenham has hourly services to Swindon/London, Bristol and Cardiff and sees, not just GWR services, but also Cross Country and Transport for Wales. Gloucester station is on the outskirts of Gloucester city centre and Kingsholm Rugby ground and Gloucester Royal Hospital are both within a 10 minute walk. Gloucester Quays shopping Quarter and historic Docks are also just 20 minutes walk away.
You will need to be able to work shifts including weekends and bank holidays. Shifts start as early as 04:15hrs and some shifts can finish as late as 02:30hrs, therefore you must be able to travel to and from both stations before and after public transport is available.
This is a temporary role for 12 months duration.
Candidates successfully short listed may be required to undertake an on-line ability test and a competency based interview. The successful candidate will be required to meet the safety critical medical standards for this role including colour vision.
We all belong at GWR. This is our vision for providing an inclusive environment for all our colleagues, ensuring all candidates have an equal opportunity to access meaningful employment.
We value our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQIA, ethnicity, religion and disability. We maintain zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice towards our colleagues, customers, and future talent.
We celebrate and encourage diversity of thought, progressive ways of working and seeing all our colleagues grow and thrive.
We review all roles and job descriptions to ensure they are accessible and, where possible, we support and provide flexible working options; we recommend that you refer to each vacancy description for further details.
If you require additional support to complete your application due to a disability or neurodivergent condition such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, or autism, please follow the links below.
We encourage you to share any additional needs you may require so we can provide a fair and equal process for all who apply.
- Company:Great Western Railway (GWR)
- Website Skillset:Customer Service
- Contract Type:Temporary
- Contracted Hours:35
- If temporary, length of contract:12 months
- Closing Date:5 June 2023