Fleet Presentation Manager – London and Thames Valley
Who are we?
GWR is the proud custodian of Brunel's railway - one of the most prestigious networks in the world. We have some of the newest trains in the country and exciting plans to extend our services. With more than one hundred million passenger journeys each year, we carry people to over 275 stations in the South West, from Cornwall and South Wales to London, passing through beautiful country and some of the UK's top tourist destinations.
We are transforming the way people think about train travel, empowering our team of over 6,000 people from all different backgrounds to make it a great experience for our customers. Together, we will revalue rail as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, and friendly.
About the team
London & Thames Valley (LTV) Engineering is a team with diverse skills where all are required to work together to deliver the business objectives. The team is responsible for the delivery of safe, reliable and well-presented trains to the right quality, cost and on time. The team has been through significant change for many years and still there is more to come with new committed obligations through the National Rail Contract (NRC).
About the job:
You will be responsible for the presentation of all assets (i.e. Fleet and Facilities), and will deliver a passenger environment that improves Customer and Colleague Satisfaction. You will be involved in the introduction, management and delivery of the Service Quality Regime which is a commitment from the NRC.
You will be responsible for the training and competence of Presentation colleagues within LTV.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Delivery in LTV of all aspect of the service quality regime
• Delivery of the facility cleaning regime
• The management, development and welfare of all cleaning presentation colleagues
• Control and responsibility for ensuring that resource requirements are identified and integrated at all times into the engineering business plans
• To ensure resources are managed for delivery of all presentation activities and assets and is in line with budget provision
• To ensure compliance with GWR's safety management system.
You'll need to be:
• Able to manage multiple complex tasks whilst under pressure
• Able to manage time effectively and deliver to tight deadlines
• A good people person and have excellent personal skills
• Good operational knowledge
As a minimum, you will need:
• Previous line management experience
• To demonstrate the ability to manage tight deadlines and complex tasks
• To demonstrate an ability for strategic thinking to deliver the business requirements
About the location:
Your main work location is Reading Train Care Depot. However, you will be required to travel within the LTV network and occasionally outside.
You will be required to work outside the normal 9 – 5 working hours to discharge your objectives.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including on-going development, defined benefit pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, discounted shopping and gym membership and an employee assistance programme.
We all belong at GWR. This is our vision for providing an inclusive environment for all our colleagues, ensuring all candidates have an equal opportunity to access meaningful employment.
We value our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQIA, ethnicity, religion and disability. We maintain zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice towards our colleagues, customers, and future talent.
We celebrate and encourage diversity of thought, progressive ways of working and seeing all our colleagues grow and thrive.
We review all roles and job descriptions to ensure they are accessible and, where possible, we support and provide flexible working options; we recommend that you refer to each vacancy description for further details.
If you require additional support to complete your application due to a disability or neurodivergent condition such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, or autism, please follow the links below. We encourage you to share any additional needs you may require so we can provide a fair and equal process for all who apply.
- Company:Great Western Railway (GWR)
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Part Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Reading Train Care Depot
- Closing Date:15 August 2022