IT Security Analyst
Salary: upto £43,400 (depending on experience)
Who we are?
GWR is the proud custodian of one of the most prestigious railway networks in the world. Our services call at over 275 stations, stretching across the South West of England.
We aim to transform the way people think about rail travel by setting a new standard – a better experience for our customers. Together we will restore the railways as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
About the Team?
GWR IT security team is a part of the GWR IT team who technically manage the IT systems and client devices at GWR. We manage the Windows and Linux HP servers, virtual servers, and VMware platforms across a wide geographic area, two data centres plus a presence in Azure and AWS. We also manage the client side mobile, laptop and desktop estates. The team is also responsible for systems access management, application delivery, client security and remote access. We utilise AD, AAD, Zenworks, Office 365, FSx, Citrix, Always-On, plus other systems and security tools to accomplish this.
About the job?
The IT Security Analyst position is a dedicated front line security role to assist the IT Security and Infrastructure Manager maintain the current security estate whilst also delivering a range of security enhancements across the business.
What will I be doing?
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To take pro-active and re-active steps against known IT security threats on the GWR estate.
- Work closely with Firstgroup IT Security Analysts to help GWR IT team keep abreast of new and current security threats.
- Help manage the various security solutions used by GWR; Mimecast, SCCM, Crowdstrike, Zscaler and Tenable.io
- Represent GWR on Firstgroup security calls with IT Security Manager.
- Create weekly and monthly security compliance reports.
- Work closely with IT technical team to help maintain high Windows patching and AV definition compliance across the GWR IT estate.
- Remediate client devices that have problems installing Windows patches and AV definitions.
- Help the IT Security Manager develop further SIEM and SOC process enhancements.
- Help the IT Security Manager maintain Legacy OS register, PAM register, 3rd party device register, external file-sharing register amongst others.
- Help maintain pen testing, vulnerability scanning, Wi-Fi Scanning, IRP testing, DR & BC playbook testing
With a background in IT Security, you'll thrive in a fast-paced environment, working to tight deadlines, manage multiple activities and prioritise your time and workload effectively.
You'll bring with you a blend of great communication skill and the desire to provide a high-quality IT Support service. You'll enjoy building and maintaining meaningful working relationships with the IT technical teams and 3rd party suppliers.
You'll have previous experience of managing and delivering technical work streams and being the technical lead on IT related projects. You'll also be supporting the management and roll out of IT Security communications across the organisation.
As a minimum you'll need to have experience and/or qualifications in:
- Threat awareness, analysis, and response
- SIEM and SOC processes
- Creation of IT security reports and a deep understanding of these reports
- Management of Firewalls, Email, and Internet security solutions
- Microsoft SCCM configuration and management
- Crowdstrike and Zscaler configuration and management
- Microsoft Office 365 Products
So, if you enjoy delivering pragmatic solutions and provide a truly excellent service that makes a difference then we would love to hear from you.
About the location?
We are based in the GWR HQ in Milford House, Swindon. Due to the nature of the role occasional travel throughout the GWR network may be required.
9 to 5 standard working day. Due to the nature of the role you'll be required to cover IT security and work demands out of hours.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including defined benefit salary pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, and an Employee assistance programme.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our organisation. And the broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity, and inclusion at every level.
- Company:Great Western Railway (GWR)
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Milford House, Swindon
- Closing Date:6 December 2021