IT Support Engineer
Salary: upto £35,000 (depending on experience)
Who are we?
GWR is the proud custodian of Brunel's railway - one of the most prestigious networks in the world and with the newest trains in the country and exciting plans to extend our services. With more than one hundred million passenger journeys each year, we carry people to over 275 stations in the South West, from Cornwall to Bristol, South Wales and London, passing through beautiful country and some of the UK's top tourist destinations.
We are transforming the way people think about train travel, empowering our team to make it a great experience for our customers. Together, we will restore the railways as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
What is the job?
We're looking for an IT Support Engineer to join our team on a permanent basis. You'll be part of a team providing 2nd and 3rd line support to a range of customers.
You'll primarily be resolving faults, fulfil service request and deliver IT services in accordance with agreed service levels. You'll provide a strong customer focus and ensure requirements are met for all IT solutions (Desktop PC's, Laptops, software, applications, printers, scanners, local area networking).
What will I be doing?
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To provide excellent levels of customer service ensuring that requirements are met for all IT solutions (desktop, laptops, PC software, applications, scanners etc.)
- Making sure that all faults, service requests and project requests are logged, assigned, and allocated the correct priority
- Ensure all call personally assigned achieve resolution with agreed timescales, including those with our third-party service providers to ensure they deliver to their Service Level Agreements
- Updating the Service Desk System with call progress and activities; maintain excellent communications and provide regular progress updates with other team members and customers
- Creating and maintaining IT records including user accounts, asset register, software inventory and support documentation
- Assist in resolving escalated calls and planning speedy resolutions for any calls that fall outside the Service Level Agreement
- Make recommendations to the IT Service Delivery Manager on improvements for the support activity and the quality of service provided
- Provide advice, guidance, costs and implementation of any requested services or projects. This includes attending site and project meetings and conducting surveys.
- Provide out of hours support where required
What sort of person are you looking for?
You'll need to be:
- An excellent communicator with the ability to communicate effectively with customers, users, team members and stakeholders
- Passionate about delivering the highest level of customer experience
- A problem solver who enjoys effective and creative solutions whilst working to agreed service level agreements
- Good at being able to prioritise tasks
What do I need to have?
- ITIL certified
- Previous experience of working as an IT support Engineer
- Solid understanding of Incident and Problem Management principles
- Previous experience of supporting multiple IT Services to a large and varied customer base
- Previous experience of working within an IT Support function (2nd & 3rd line support)
- End User Computing (EUC)
- MS Office 365
Where is the job?
The role is based in Milford House, Swindon, there may be some travel on the network required.
What are the working hours?
37 hrs per week. There will be an on-call rota for out of hours work.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our organisation. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
If you share our passion for the railway, then we would love to hear from you.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including on-going development, defined benefit pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family and other travel benefits, company-sponsored health care plan, discounted shopping and gym membership and an employee assistance programme.
- Company:Great Western Railway (GWR)
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Milford House, Swindon
- Closing Date:6 December 2021