Never Mind The Gap – Training Opportunity
Are you thinking about returning to work and looking to explore your options, then this could be a great opportunity for you!
GWR are working with Women In Rail, a registered charity that aims to improve diversity in the UK rail industry by providing support and guidance to women within, or those interested in joining, the sector.
Never Mind the Gap is an initiative designed to provide training and work placements for women in Swindon and the surrounding area who are looking to get back into work.
You'll have the opportunity to spend time with one of our departments and gain first-hand experience of functions that are key to GWR's success and delivering for our customers.
We'll also provide sessions on CV writing; an interview skills workshop and you'll have mentoring sessions throughout your time with us. – Also, a First Aid course and certificate
Your placement will last two weeks, and you'll spend time in one of the following departments:
- Social Media Team
- Rosters and Resources
- Train Planning
- Swindon Help Desk
- Swindon Depot Admin
- Training Team
- Safety Team
The training will commence w/c 3rd October 2022 and, including your placement, will be for 3 weeks ending with a celebration event on the 21st of October. Sessions throughout these 3 weeks will run Monday through to Friday between the hours of 9.30 and 15.00.
What does our selection process look like?
- You will need to apply (via link above) and answer a few questions about you and why you are interested in this opportunity
- We will then review your application and contact you to discuss the opportunity and initiative and find out a little bit more about you
- We will let you know the outcome of your application regardless of whether you've been successful for the placement and provide feedback.
- A drugs and alcohol test will be required to comply with GWR's policy prior to the commencement of the placement and will be in Swindon w/c 5th September
- This is a voluntary work placement and is unpaid
We all belong at GWR. This is our vision for providing an inclusive environment for all our colleagues, ensuring all candidates have an equal opportunity to access meaningful employment.
We value our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQIA, ethnicity, religion and disability. We maintain zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice towards our colleagues, customers, and future talent.
We celebrate and encourage diversity of thought, progressive ways of working and seeing all our colleagues grow and thrive.
We review all roles and job descriptions to ensure they are accessible and, where possible, we support and provide flexible working options; we recommend that you refer to each vacancy description for further details.
If you require additional support to complete your application due to a disability or neurodivergent condition such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, or autism, please follow the links below. We encourage you to share any additional needs you may require so we can provide a fair and equal process for all who apply.
- Company:Great Western Railway (GWR)
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Temporary
- Contracted Hours:25
- Location:Milford House, Swindon
- If temporary, length of contract:3 weeks
- Salary:Training Opportunity - Unpaid
- Closing Date:19 August 2022