Who we are?
GWR is the proud custodian of one of the most prestigious railway networks in the world. Our services call at over 275 stations, stretching across the South West of England.
We aim to transform the way people think about rail travel by setting a new standard – a better experience for our customers. Together we will restore the railways as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
About the Team?
The Payroll team is based in Bristol Temple Meads, but the team members are currently working remotely from home due to Covid-19. The team is responsible for the production of weekly and four weekly payrolls for GWR, TransPennine Express (TPE), Hull Trains and Heathrow Express. The team process all payroll data and assist with the resolution of payroll related queries from staff and external organisations.
About the job?
This position supports the payroll function of GWR. This will require processing of high-volume payroll data and provide day-to-day support and reports to customers. The position requires the flexibility to work across all entity payrolls to ensure a high-quality payroll service is delivered to GWR, TPE, Hull Trains and Heathrow Express.
What will I be doing?
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Facilitating reporting to other GWR functions.
- Review personal data in line with GDPR.
- Responding to third party queries.
- Ensuring that all interfaces from internal and external sources are effectively checked and controlled before submission to the payroll system.
- Providing support to other team members across the payroll function.
- Ensuring GDPR compliance.
- Adhoc duties as and when required.
You'll need to be:
- Proactive with a positive can-do attitude.
- Able to deliver excellent customer service.
- Professional, confident and act with a high level of integrity at all times.
- Able to prioritise to ensure time critical deadlines are met.
As a minimum you'll need to have:
- Previous experience of working within a large payroll team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and work with a high degree of accuracy
- Excel intermediate level
About the location?
The payroll office is currently situated within Bristol Temple Meads train station but there will be a requirement for home working especially under the current climate.
Monday to Friday – 35 hours per week. There will be a requirement to work occasional weekends and Bank Holidays to ensure payrolls are delivered on time.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including defined benefit salary pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, and an Employee assistance programme.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our organisation. And the broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity, and inclusion at every level.
- Company:Great Western Railway (GWR)
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:35
- Location:Bristol Temple Meads
- Closing Date:6 December 2021