Pension Payroll Supervisor
Who are we?
GWR is the proud custodian of Brunel's railway - one of the most prestigious networks in the world. We have some of the newest trains in the country and exciting plans to extend our services. With more than one hundred million passenger journeys each year, we carry people to over 275 stations in the South West, from Cornwall and South Wales to London, passing through beautiful country and some of the UK's top tourist destinations.
We are transforming the way people think about train travel, empowering our team of over 6,000 people from all different backgrounds to make it a great experience for our customers. Together, we will revalue rail as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
About the team?
The Payroll team is based in central Bristol. The team is responsible for the production of weekly and four weekly payrolls and pension submissions for GWR, Transpennine Express (TPE), Hull trains and Heathrow Express. The team process all payroll and pension data and assist with the resolution of queries from staff and external organisations.
About the job?
This position is responsible for the processing of all pension data to Railpen. Providing day to day support to GWR, TPE, Hull and Heathrow express for all pension related data and queries.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Responsible for weekly and four weekly pension reconciliation and submission to Railpen.
• New starter, Leavers, personal change's and salary change data submission.
• BRASS and AVC calculation and administration. Top-up payment calculation.
• Timely submission for re-assessment data to Railpen.
• Retirement process, pension queries.
• Ensuring GDPR compliance
• Ad hoc duties as and when required.
You'll need to be:
• Experienced in working with DB and DC pension schemes.
• Experienced in working in a large payroll department and working to tight deadlines.
• Proactive with a positive can-do attitude.
• Professional, confident and act with a high level of integrity at all times.
• Able to provide excellent customer service.
• CIPP qualification or part qualification would be desirable.
As a minimum, you will need to have:
• Knowledge of statutory pension legislation.
• Knowledge and understanding of pension and payroll processes.
• Excellent attention to detail and work with a high degree of accuracy.
• Excel intermediate level.
• Strong system skills and ideally Cyborg.
About the location?
The team are currently based in a modern office space in central Bristol.
Monday to Friday - 35 hours per week.
There will be a requirement to work occasional weekends and Bank holidays to ensure payrolls are delivered on time.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including on-going development, defined benefit pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, discounted shopping and gym membership and an employee assistance programme.
We all belong at GWR. This is our vision for providing an inclusive environment for all our colleagues, ensuring all candidates have an equal opportunity to access meaningful employment.
We value our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQIA, ethnicity, religion and disability.
We maintain zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice towards our colleagues, customers, and future talent.
We celebrate and encourage diversity of thought, progressive ways of working and seeing all our colleagues grow and thrive.
We review all roles and job descriptions to ensure they are accessible and, where possible, we support and provide flexible working options; we recommend that you refer to each vacancy description for further details.
If you require additional support to complete your application due to a disability or neurodivergent condition such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, or autism, please follow the links below. We encourage you to share any additional needs you may require so we can provide a fair and equal process for all who apply.
- Company:Great Western Railway (GWR)
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Fixed Term - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:35
- Location:Bristol Temple Meads
- If temporary, length of contract:12 months
- Closing Date:12 June 2023