Performance Assurance Manager
Who we are:
GWR is the proud custodian of one of the most prestigious railway networks in the world. Our services call at over 275 stations, stretching across the South West of England.
We aim to transform the way people think about rail travel by setting a new standard – a better experience for our customers. Together we will restore the railways as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
About the team:
GWR and Network Rail are jointly committed to raising the standards of the service we provide to our customers, so are continually reviewing the services we provide by understanding and mitigating our risks to deliver an On-Time railway. This strategy is being driven by our Every Second Counts campaign and principles.
The Performance Assurance Team is a key function that sits under the Train Service Delivery and Performance Directorate and provides confidence to the GWR, Network Rail Executive teams and key external stakeholders that we are managing and mitigating our key Performance risk by having a clear governance process and suitable controls in place.
The Performance Improvement Management System (PIMS) is an industry supported initiative endorsed by the Network Performance Board (NPB). Working collaboratively with Network Rail, other Train Operating Companies, and the Rail Delivery Group (RDG) to develop and implement a structured approach, through PIMS, which brings together all the component parts of performance delivery.
About the job:
To implement the PIMS model, across both companies, a clear, implementation approach and delivery plan needs to be developed to ensure this is successfully embedded within the organisational cultures.
The two roles will look to align best practice across both organisations by the management of the following activities to realise the benefits of the PIMS framework.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Agree a joint implementation approach and plan to deliver PIMS successfully into both organisations.
- A review of existing frameworks, Capability, Risk Management, Governance and Assurance, to ensure these are aligned and transparent, with clear lines of escalation. Supporting the development and implementation of new controls that provide additional structure and assurance to improve Performance.
- Design/update current PIMS tools, processes, and guidance to be shared across both organisations to maximise efficiencies and provide a consistent approach to managing Performance for our customers.
- The creation of joint GWR and Network Rail Performance Policies for Performance Management and Leadership.
- The design and implementation of a joint risk process across both companies.
- The development and delivery of the RM3P Performance maturity model.
You'll need to be:
- An experienced Project or Programme Manager with experience of risk and governance best practice.
- Have the ability to build and deliver ambitious plans across both organisations.
- A dynamic, proactive, and organised individual who can build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- An excellent communicator and the ability to influence at senior level.
- Flexible, resilient, and able to work under pressure to challenging timescales.
As a minimum you'll need to have:
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience of governance processes and requirements.
- Experience of risk management methodology and reporting.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
About the location:
The role will primarily be based with Swindon with flexibility to work from home or other locations across the network.
The role is largely based around traditional office hours, but flexibility will be required.
This is an exciting opportunity to support our vision to be the leading route for the delivery of PIMS and RM3P across the industry. Providing advice and support to the PIMS Practioner Group and the successful delivery of our Joint Performance Strategy by living our Every Second Counts Performance principles and codes.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including defined benefit salary pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, and an Employee assistance programme.
At GWR we value diversity. Our vision for inclusion and diversity is:
We are progressive. We are one family. We are inclusive. First time, every time.
Valuing our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQ+, ethnicity, religion, and disability, means that our colleagues have a voice and are supported to be their authentic selves at work.
For more information regarding the application process please contact the Group Resourcing Team - email@example.com
- Company:Great Western Railway (GWR)
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Milford House, Swindon
- Closing Date:27 September 2021