Seasonal Customer Service Assistant
Locations: Newton Abbot, Totnes, Dawlish Warren, Dawlish, Teignmouth, Torquay, Paignton
Salary: £23037 pro rata
Who are we?
GWR is the proud custodian of Brunel's railway - one of the most prestigious networks in the world. We have some of the newest trains in the country and exciting plans to extend our services. With more than one hundred million passenger journeys each year, we carry people to over 275 stations in the South West, from Cornwall and South Wales to London, passing through beautiful country and some of the UK's top tourist destinations.
We are transforming the way people think about train travel, empowering our team of over 6,000 people from all different backgrounds to make it a great experience for our customers. Together, we will revalue rail as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
About the team?
The stations team delivers a wide range of services to our customers, from being the first and last point of contact in a customer's journey, selling and checking tickets, making sure our customers know where to go, helping them to board and alight services, providing information and help to make the customer experience one to remember. The team is responsible for providing a safe and secure environment, delivering the safe and efficient dispatch of trains and ensuring that all the services provided at the station deliver to the highest standards. Working in a busy and challenging environment, the stations team work tirelessly to ensure a great customer experience is delivered, even when things go wrong.
About the job?
As a Station Assistant, you will cover a variety of stations in the South Devon Area. You will work alongside Station Colleagues providing information and assistance to customers and ensure that the station environment is kept to a high standard. To be successful in this role you will need to have a flexible approach due to the nature and variety of the role.
As a seasonal colleague, we are looking for people who can work during the busy holiday periods. South Devon attracts huge numbers of tourists during the Easter, Summer and Christmas Holiday Periods, and we are looking for flexible staff to work on a part time basis during these busy periods. Full training is provided, and we are looking for people who can help year on year during these busy holiday periods.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Delivering a high level of service to customers
- Maintaining high standards of station presentation by undertaking cleaning duties
- Being proactive in seeking out customers who require assistance
- Answer customer queries and provide assistance with luggage, prams and wheelchairs
- Operate the local public address system when required
- Ensuring the safety of customers, staff, visitors and contractors is given the highest priority
You'll need to be:
- Able to deliver extraordinary front line customer service
- Able to understand customer requirements and expectations
- A self-starter with a can do attitude
- Confident when decision-making
- Calm yet directive in a crisis
- Able to work to strict procedures
As a minimum you will need to have:
- The ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Evidence of numerical ability
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to multitask well.
South Devon Stations are busy hubs for market towns within the region. It has good transport links to the surrounding areas. During the busy holiday periods due to the area's proximity to many popular tourist locations and venues will see large numbers visit this area.
The role requires shift working 7 days a week on a rolling roster pattern including Sundays and Bank holidays. This role is for working hours during the busy holiday periods, Easter, Summer and Christmas school holiday periods
We are seeking candidates for two working areas. One based working between Newton Abbot and Totnes railway station. A second post is available working across Dawlish, Dawlish Warren, Teignmouth, Paignton and Torquay Stations. Candidates who are invited to interview will be asked at that stage if they have a preference.
Interviews will take place on 24thFebruary and 4th March 2022 online.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including on-going development, defined benefit pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, discounted shopping and gym membership and an employee assistance programme.
At GWR we value diversity. Our vision for inclusion and diversity is:
We are progressive. We are one family. We are inclusive. First time, every time.
Valuing our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQ+, ethnicity, religion, and disability, means that every colleague has a voice and is supported to be their authentic self at work.
- Company:Great Western Railway (GWR)
- Website Skillset:Customer Service
- Contract Type:Permanent - Part Time
- Contracted Hours:240
- Location:Dawlish Train Station, Newton Abbot Station, Paignton, South Devon - GWR, Teignmouth Train Station, Torquay Railway Station, Totnes Rail Station
- Closing Date:11 February 2022