Senior Customer Marketing Manager
Who are we?
GWR is the proud custodian of Brunel's railway - one of the most prestigious networks in the world. We have some of the newest trains in the country and exciting plans to extend our services. With more than one hundred million passenger journeys each year, we carry people to over 275 stations in the South West, from Cornwall and South Wales to London, passing through beautiful country and some of the UK's top tourist destinations.
We are transforming the way people think about train travel, empowering our team of over 6,000 people from all different backgrounds to make it a great experience for our customers. Together, we will revalue rail as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
About the job?
This is an exciting role to lead GWR's tactical marketing and demand driving campaigns to our leisure and regional markets, building on a strong GWR brand. You'll manage and inspire a team of marketers to develop and implement tactical campaign strategies and activities that focus on driving ticket sales, maximising and optimising revenue returns from customers and regions. You'll also be accountable for identifying opportunities in the retail and seasonal calendar to deploy through the line campaigns reporting and optimising on campaign performance.
You'll be fluent with customer insights, research, AB testing and post campaign learnings to support campaign development whilst manage creative and media agency partners to ensure implementation of high performing campaigns aligned to the GWR Brand Guidelines.
Overseeing all regional marketing, you'll oversee Community Rail Partnership activities and relationships, engaging with local tourism partners and destination management organisations to build co-operative partnerships, create rail aligned initiatives as well as source content and offers. In addition, the role holder will identify and manage opportunities to drive ancillary revenues across the GWR network.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Working with the Head of Marketing & Sales, to develop and create demand driving marketing strategies and tactical campaigns for leisure and regional customers that maximise the seasonal calendar opportunities for rail travel.
- Manage, control and report a £m marketing budget for deployment across tactical leisure and regional campaigns and activities to drive return on investment across a range of media and channels.
- To effectively manage relationships with direct response creative and media agencies.
- Optimise international and domestic tourism opportunities, managing relationship with VisitBritain, VisitEngland and VisitWales and overseeing partnership strategy and sponsorship at a local level and ensure Regional Marketing Managers are optimising opportunities in their territories too.
- Setting annual targets and managing advertising media revenue with Exterion, KBH, etc
- Seek and grow ancillary revenue opportunities where appropriate in line with agreed targets
You'll need to be:
A consummate Marketing professional with the ability to work collaboratively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers. You provide guidance and insight to the business to allow them to make commercially astute decisions.
You'll be managing and inspiring a team to develop, implement and optimise demand driving leisure and regional marketing campaigns to achieve leisure revenue targets and customer volumes, in line with agreed return on investment
As a minimum, you will need to have:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with relevant professional marketing qualification.
- A comprehensive understanding of consumer marketing, including direct response principles through the line.
- Understanding of digital marketing including social/ programmatic / retargeting
- Third party contractual management desirable, but not essential.
- A hunger to succeed, a proactiveness to deliver and above all a warmth to collaboratively engage and work with stakeholders is a priority
- Commercially astute with strong judgment and decision making abilities.
- Marketing background with experience managing campaigns ATL, BTL, digital.
- Experience of direct response marketing principles and campaign optimisation
About the location?
You will be based at The Point, London 2-3 days per week. You'll also be required to travel across the network as part of the role and attend local events with some out of office hours.
We offer a hybrid working.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including on-going development, defined benefit pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, discounted shopping and gym membership and an employee assistance programme.
We all belong at GWR. This is our vision for providing an inclusive environment for all our colleagues, ensuring all candidates have an equal opportunity to access meaningful employment.
We value our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQIA, ethnicity, religion and disability. We maintain zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice towards our colleagues, customers, and future talent.
We celebrate and encourage diversity of thought, progressive ways of working and seeing all our colleagues grow and thrive.
We review all roles and job descriptions to ensure they are accessible and, where possible, we support and provide flexible working options; we recommend that you refer to each vacancy description for further details.
If you require additional support to complete your application due to a disability or neurodivergent condition such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, or autism, please follow the links below. We encourage you to share any additional needs you may require so we can provide a fair and equal process for all who apply.
- Company:Great Western Railway (GWR)
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:The Point London
- Closing Date:3 October 2022