Service Delivery Assistant
Who are we?
GWR is the proud custodian of Brunel's railway - one of the most prestigious networks in the world. We have some of the newest trains in the country and exciting plans to extend our services. With more than one hundred million passenger journeys each year, we carry people to over 275 stations in the South West, from Cornwall and South Wales to London, passing through beautiful country and some of the UK's top tourist destinations.
We are transforming the way people think about train travel, empowering our team of over 6,000 people from all different backgrounds to make it a great experience for our customers. Together, we will revalue rail as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
About the job
As a Service Delivery Assistant, you will carry out key station duties, such as dispatching trains in a safe and timely manner, providing customer information and assistance. As well as ensuring a clean and safe station environment. This is a challenging role that demands great customer service skills, flexibility and an ability to respond to the ever-changing demands of a busy railway station.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Providing the highest levels of customer service and be dedicated to customer needs
• Ensuring the safe and punctual departure of trains from the station and following correct dispatch procedures
• Providing helpful information and assistance to customers
• Ensuring the safety of customers, colleagues, visitors and contractors will be given the highest priority
• Ensuring the cleanliness of the station, especially toilets, waiting rooms, platforms, stairs and subways
• Liaising with other key GWR departments to ensure accurate and timely customer information, especially in times of disruption
• Your strong visibility within the station will help maintain customer security
• Able to deliver extraordinary front line customer service
• A self-starter with a can do attitude
• Able to confidently make decisions
• Able to remain calm yet confident and customer focussed in a crisis
• Comfortable working
• Ability to work within strict procedures
What do I need?
• The ability to work as part of a team or independently
• Evidence of numerical ability
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Fully computer literate and the ability to use GWR operational Apps (training will be provided)
• Experience of working in an environment where safety is paramount
This role involves working shifts including weekends and bank holidays.
Applicants who are successfully shortlisted will be expected to undertake an online ability test and a competency based interview. The successful candidate will be required to meet the medical standards for this role, including colour vision test.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including on-going development, defined benefit pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, discounted shopping and gym membership and an employee assistance programme.
We all belong at GWR. This is our vision for providing an inclusive environment for all our colleagues, ensuring all candidates have an equal opportunity to access meaningful employment.
We value our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQIA, ethnicity, religion and disability. We maintain zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice towards our colleagues, customers, and future talent.
We celebrate and encourage diversity of thought, progressive ways of working and seeing all our colleagues grow and thrive.
We review all roles and job descriptions to ensure they are accessible and, where possible, we support and provide flexible working options; we recommend that you refer to each vacancy description for further details.
If you require additional support to complete your application due to a disability or neurodivergent condition such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, or autism, please follow the links below. We encourage you to share any additional needs you may require so we can provide a fair and equal process for all who apply.
- Company:Great Western Railway (GWR)
- Website Skillset:Customer Service
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:35
- Location:Bristol Parkway
- Closing Date:12 June 2023