Service Delivery Assistant GPR
Salary: £24,716 per annum
Who are we?
GWR is the proud custodian of Brunel's railway - one of the most prestigious networks in the world. We have some of the newest trains in the country and exciting plans to extend our services. With more than one hundred million passenger journeys each year, we carry people to over 275 stations in the South West, from Cornwall and South Wales to London, passing through beautiful country and some of the UK's top tourist destinations.
We are transforming the way people think about train travel, empowering our team of over 6,000 people from all different backgrounds to make it a great experience for our customers. Together, we will revalue rail as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
About the team?
The role of Service Delivery Assistant at Weston-Super-Mare is to ensure that the operational standards of GWR are upheld and that the trains depart safely and punctually as well as ensuring excellent customer service and experience for our customers
About the job?
As a Service Delivery Assistant and Dispatcher, you will have excellent customer service and be responsible for carrying out key station duties, such as train dispatch, customer information provision, customer assistance and ensuring a clean and safe station environment.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Providing the highest levels of customer service and be dedicated to customer needs
- Ensuring the safe and punctual departure of trains from the station and following correct dispatch procedures
- Providing helpful information and assistance to customers
- Ensuring the safety of customers, colleagues, visitors and contractors will be given the highest priority
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the station especially toilets, waiting rooms, platforms, stairs and subways
- Liaising with other key GWR departments to ensure accurate and timely customer information, especially in times of disruption
- Have a strong visibility within the station will help maintain customer security
You'll need to be:
- Able to deliver extraordinary front-line customer service
- A self-starter with a can do attitude
- Able to make decisions in a confident manner
- Able to remain calm yet confident and customer focussed in a crisis
- Comfortable working within strict procedures
As a minimum you will need to have:
- The ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Evidence of numerical ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
This role is temporary for 12 months. This is a full time contract of 25 hours per week and will involve working shifts including weekends and bank holidays.
Applicants will be required to complete an online situational judgement test. For those applicants successfully short listed you will be invited to undertake an online ability test and a competency-based interview. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a safety critical medical, including drugs and alcohol screen and a colour vision test. A Basic DBS Certificate will also be required.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including on-going development, defined benefit pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, discounted shopping and gym membership and an employee assistance programme.
We all belong at GWR. This is our vision for providing an inclusive environment for all our colleagues, ensuring all candidates have an equal opportunity to access meaningful employment.
We value our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQIA, ethnicity, religion and disability. We maintain zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice towards our colleagues, customers, and future talent.
We celebrate and encourage diversity of thought, progressive ways of working and seeing all our colleagues grow and thrive.
We review all roles and job descriptions to ensure they are accessible and, where possible, we support and provide flexible working options; we recommend that you refer to each vacancy description for further details.
If you require additional support to complete your application due to a disability or neurodivergent condition such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, or autism, please follow the links below. We encourage you to share any additional needs you may require so we can provide a fair and equal process for all who apply.
- Company:Great Western Railway (GWR)
- Website Skillset:Customer Service
- Contract Type:Temporary
- Contracted Hours:35
- If temporary, length of contract:12 months
- Closing Date:5 December 2022