Service Delivery Assistant Team Leader (Part Time)
Who we are?
GWR is the proud custodian of one of the most prestigious railway networks in the world. Our services call at over 275 stations, stretching across the South West of England.
We aim to transform the way people think about rail travel by setting a new standard – a better experience for our customers. Together we will restore the railways as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
About the job?
As an SDA TL in Tiverton you will have a multifunctional role. You will provide staff coverage on the stations you will ensure that customer requirements are met and exceeded, sell tickets and provide journey information and that station activities including the dispatching of train services and platform management are completed safely and punctually. Provide information and assistance to customers and ensure that the station environment is kept to a high standard.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Providing the highest level of customer service and being dedicated to customer needs
- Selling tickets and providing journey information using out ticket selling systems.
- Ensuring the safe and punctual departure of trains from the station, following correct dispatch procedures
- Providing information and assistance to customers
- Ensuring the safety of customers, staff, visitors and contractors is given the highest priority
- Maintaining a safe, pleasant, and clean station environment
You'll need to be:
- Able to deliver extraordinary front line customer service
- Able to understand customer requirements and expectations
- A self-starter with a can do attitude
- Confident when decision-making
- Calm yet directive in a crisis
- Able to work to strict procedures
As a minimum you'll need to have:
- The ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Evidence of numerical ability
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to multitask well
About the location?
Tiverton station provides good transport links to the surrounding area. During the busy holiday periods due to its proximity to many popular tourist locations. Own Transport is necessary due to the start and finish times of shifts being outside of train running times.
The role is rostered to work part time hours of 21 per week, and will require working shifts including weekends and bank holidays. The hours will range between 05:30-22:45.
Candidates successfully short listed, will be invited to undertake an ability test and a competency based interview. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a safety critical medical, including colour vision test and drugs and alcohol screen. Also meet the standards required for this role.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including defined benefit salary pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, childcare vouchers and an Employee assistance programme.
At GWR we value diversity. Our vision for inclusion and diversity is:
We are progressive. We are one family. We are inclusive. First time, every time.
Valuing our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQ+, ethnicity, religion, and disability, means that our colleagues have a voice and are supported to be their authentic selves at work.
- Company:Great Western Railway (GWR)
- Website Skillset:Customer Service
- Contract Type:Permanent - Part Time
- Contracted Hours:21
- Location:Tiverton Parkway
- Closing Date:21 January 2022