Service Delivery Team Leader
Salary - £26,772
Who are we?
GWR is the proud custodian of Brunel's railway - one of the most prestigious networks in the world. We have some of the newest trains in the country and exciting plans to extend our services. With more than one hundred million passenger journeys each year, we carry people to over 275 stations in the South West, from Cornwall and South Wales to London, passing through beautiful country and some of the UK's top tourist destinations.
We are transforming the way people think about train travel, empowering our team of over 6,000 people from all different backgrounds to make it a great experience for our customers. Together, we will revalue rail as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
About the team?
You will be working with a vibrant Team of Dispatch Supervisors, Dispatch staff and Station Management team who enthusiastically ensure the Flagship Station at Paddington delivers a safe and punctual railway operation day in, day out. As this position is also customer facing your customer service skills will also play a vital role to ensure we follow our values to ensure we are re-valuing rail to our customers passing through Paddington.
About the job?
You will be working with a vibrant Team of Dispatch Supervisors and Dispatch staff at Paddington station. Working closely with the Dispatch Supervisors and your teams you will ensure that on a shift basis trains are dispatched on time and, adhering to Rules & Regulations relating to dispatch. This is an ideal position for colleagues who wish to progress within GWR, as you will gain good experience in leading teams on shift basis at a Flagship Station. As with any frontline position as a Dispatch Team Leader you will deliver excellent customer service and lead your teams with enthusiasm to ensure our values are delivered to our customers.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the day-to-day performance of your allocated teams to create an engaged and customer faced team and, undertake train dispatch as per the Rule Book
- Drive engagement through actively motivating day to day performance by coaching your team
- Embed our customer service culture and drive exemplary customer service, continuously engage with your team
- Ensure your team is working safely and following regulations
- Ensure your team are briefed on their duties for the day and have full operational equipment
You'll need to be:
- Proven experience in a customer focused position, ideally in an operational environment
- Ability to work safely as this is a safety critical position
- Show Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and delivery the GWR Brand
As a minimum you will need to have:
- Evidence of directly working within a team
- Evidence of numerical ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to remain calm yet directive in a crisis
About the location?
Paddington is a very vibrant station within the heart of London. The station is very busy and is great place to working with every day being different.
As Paddington is a 24 hour operation the shifts cover earlies, lates and nights, including weekends and Bank Holidays.
Applicants successfully shortlisted, may have to complete an online dispatch test and competency based interview. The successful candidate may be required to meet the medical standards for the role, including colour vision and hear tests. As well as a drugs and alcohol screen. A Basic DBS is also required.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including on-going development, defined benefit pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, discounted shopping and gym membership and an employee assistance programme.
We all belong at GWR. This is our vision for providing an inclusive environment for all our colleagues, ensuring all candidates have an equal opportunity to access meaningful employment.
We value our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQIA, ethnicity, religion and disability. We maintain zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice towards our colleagues, customers, and future talent.
We celebrate and encourage diversity of thought, progressive ways of working and seeing all our colleagues grow and thrive.
We review all roles and job descriptions to ensure they are accessible and, where possible, we support and provide flexible working options; we recommend that you refer to each vacancy description for further details.
If you require additional support to complete your application due to a disability or neurodivergent condition such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, or autism, please follow the links below. We encourage you to share any additional needs you may require so we can provide a fair and equal process for all who apply.
- Company:Great Western Railway (GWR)
- Website Skillset:Customer Service
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:35
- Location:London Paddington Station
- Closing Date:27 March 2023