Weekend Customer Host
Who are we?
GWR is the proud custodian of Brunel's railway - one of the most prestigious networks in the world. We have some of the newest trains in the country and exciting plans to extend our services. With over one hundred million passenger journeys each year, we carry people to over 275 stations in the Southwest, from Cornwall and South Wales to London, passing through beautiful country and some of the UK's top tourist destinations.
We are transforming the way people think about train travel, empowering our team of over 6,000 people from all different backgrounds to make it a great experience for our customers. Together, we will revalue rail as a very special way to travel.
Join our team as a Weekend Customer Host and be part of this exciting transformation, enhancing the service for customers travelling with us on Saturdays and Sundays. A great opportunity for those with weekday commitments, these new roles work onboard our trains providing customers with an at-seat refreshment service, a warm welcome and outstanding service.
What are the responsibilities?
- To promote and sell GWR products onboard trains by engaging with customers to ensure they have the journey they deserve.
- To offer a complimentary trolley service for customers travelling in first class
- To be an ambassador for GWR, following our vision and values to provide the best customer service.
- To adhere to all GWR safety principles, providing the safest possible journey for everyone
- To maintain a clean, hygienic and pleasant environment
What do I need?
- Customer service experience within a sales background
- Cash handling experience
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work both alone and as part of a team
If you are passionate about delivering outstanding customer service, can work a selection of shifts on Saturday and Sunday every weekend and enjoy working in a proactive role, we would love to hear from you!
What is the reward?
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including defined benefit pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, discounted shopping and gym membership and an employee assistance programme. Your uniform is provided.
Starting salary will be £10,767.50 pa, rising to £12,556 pa, after your probation, with the opportunity to increase to £14,350 pa when trained as a Lead Customer Host.
What else do I need to know?
• Hours are 17.5 hours per week, working on Saturday and Sunday only, every weekend.
• 13 days annual leave a year
• Please note that training for this position will be two weeks full time, Monday - Friday
• You must live within one hour's travelling time from Bristol station.
• This is being advertised to create a talent pool for expected vacancies.
We all belong at GWR. This is our vision for providing an inclusive environment for all our colleagues, ensuring all candidates have an equal opportunity to access meaningful employment.
We value our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQIA, ethnicity, religion and disability. We maintain zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice towards our colleagues, customers, and future talent.
We celebrate and encourage diversity of thought, progressive ways of working and seeing all our colleagues grow and thrive.
We review all roles and job descriptions to ensure they are accessible and, where possible, we support and provide flexible working options; we recommend that you refer to each vacancy description for further details.
If you require additional support to complete your application due to a disability or neurodivergent condition such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, or autism, please follow the links below. We encourage you to share any additional needs you may require so we can provide a fair and equal process for all who apply.
- Company:Great Western Railway (GWR)
- Website Skillset:Customer Service
- Contract Type:Permanent - Part Time
- Contracted Hours:17
- Location:Bristol Temple Meads