Trainee On Board Manager
We are recruiting for a Trainee On Board Manager to work on a fixed term contract until
We've been in the rail business for over twenty-one years, and we put our success down to our people. Many of our employees have developed successful careers with us and now we're looking for further passionate and positive people to join our team.
We deliver 94 services a week direct to London King's Cross from Beverley and Hull and have been regularly rated as one the UK's best rail operators for passenger satisfaction. Customer experience is what we're well known for and within our home city we work closely with local charities and organisations to deliver a vital service for the people of Hull and East Riding and its economy.
Now with an impressive fleet of bi-mode Class 802 state-of-the-art trains, our Paragon fleet is one the most modern and environmentally friendly on the UK's rail network.
As an ambitious Open Access rail operator, we're proud to carry the name of Hull down the East Coast Main Line to the capital and we're excited to be planning our long-term future.
Would you like to be part of our journey?
As an On Board Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that all operational safety requirements, and responsibilities are undertaken in line with the current standards and in relation to safety critical duties noted in the Rule Book.
35 hours per week, Hull, starting salary £20,745, rising to £34,000 per annum upon completion of training. Excellent benefits package including free and discounted rail travel, 5 weeks annual leave plus Bank Holidays, cycle scheme and 50% gym paid membership fees.
You will also be expected to:
- To undertake duties in accordance with the statutory rules and regulations, Network Rail instructions, RDG Codes of Practice and instructions issued by Hull Trains to ensure the safe and efficient working of trains.
- Work in accordance with the company injury prevention policy and practices ensuring all accidents, incidents and near misses as well as potential risk is promptly reported.
- To strive to expand upon Hull Trains reputation for the highest levels of customer care and demonstrates that we are the Company “that goes that bit further”. They will make every effort to exceed our customers' expectations and lead all customer service activities within their duties in an open and honest manner, making good any shortfalls and reporting these promptly.
- Be responsible for working in close partnership with the On Board Hosts ensuring all help each other within their duties, not to the detriment of their safety responsibilities.
- To lead the On Board team to provide the best customer care.
- To ensure disruptive customers are identified and dealt with in the appropriate manner.
- To co-operate in the development and implementation of new technology in support of Hull Trains commercial growth, which will assist in the course of their duties and the business overall.
- Ensure the highest possible standards of customer service and on train environment are maintained, working closely with On Board Hosts, Drivers and external agencies/contacts to carry this out (whether at stations or on board, during disruption or normal service).
- Be aware that revenue protection is essential for Hull Trains as an open access operator, ensuring all travel documents are examined, fares are collected, and fraudulent travel is reported through the correct channels.
- Ensure highest standards of communication either via PA or face to face with customers/staff so all relevant information is disseminated as required.
The knowledge or experience you will need:
- NVQ Level 2, Customer Services (or be actively working towards it) desirable
- At least 2 years' experience in a customer service role
- Comprehensive standard of education
- Good communication and motivational skills to engage with all levels of staff
- An energetic and enthusiastic approach to problem solving and team leadership across a broad range of topics.
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work.
- Demonstrable experience in driving cultural change in a high potential risk, highly regulated industry.
At Hull Trains we are committed to encouraging equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level in our business, and ensuring an inclusive and open working environment.
The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, to help us to better understand their needs and to deliver more creative and innovative solutions.
- Company:Hull Trains
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Fixed Term - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:35
- Location:Hull Railway Station
- If temporary, length of contract:14 Months
- Closing Date:18 August 2022