Business Planning Assistant
South Western Railway is committed to equal opportunities employment, and your application will be reviewed by the hiring panel with personal information removed. In order to assist this process please ensure that any attachments such as CV's or covering letter have personal details removed. Any other attachments such as professional qualifications can be left unedited. Applications not following this guidance may be rejected.
To support the business wide planning activity, with specific focus on delivery of the Year 1 Business Plan Commitments and KPIs and planning for the Year 2 Business Plan.
- Support the existing processes and reporting requirements designed to demonstrate to DfT delivery against measures within the Performance Based Fee (PBF), to maximise the PBF
- Take responsibility for the collation and formatting of the periodic PBF report
- Ensure business planning processes are consistently applied and communicated
- Support the Finance Director and Head of Business Management on engagement with the DfT and other internal and external stakeholders as part of ongoing collaboration on the form and content of the Business Plan
- Work closely with internal stakeholders
- Supplemental reports and ad-hoc analysis requests.
- Providing progress updates to SWR management teams and the DfT as required
- Manage risks and issues and escalate as appropriate
- Complete project reporting documentation as required by the Head of Business Management and the SWR PMO.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Business planning experience or demonstrable relevant experience
- Formatting and editing experience
- Educated to degree level or able to demonstrate a minimum 3 years relevant experience in a transport or other customer service focused industry
- Strong commercial focus and financially astute
- Must have the ability to work independently or as part of a team and successfully adapt to changing priorities
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills are a must
- Experience of working within cross functional projects is desirable
Monday to Friday, office hours.
At SWR we believe our people are our greatest asset.
Our vision is to recruit and retain the best talent from most diverse pool of candidates across our regions.
We are committed to establishing a sense of inclusion for all and to value each person for the unique contribution they bring.
- Company:South Western Railway
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:South Bank Central
- Closing Date:6 August 2021